Rev 3 Turbo vs Ferrari FF

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

gnzyza

Rev 3 Turbo vs Ferrari FF

Post by gnzyza »

If you don't know the Ferrari FF is a 660bhp 4x4 heavy weight.

my story on the way to work, we're both entering a dual carriageway proceeded by a tight left with the fezza on my right and my self on the inside.

I could see he was going to open her up by the way he positioned his car.

I would normally take this turn onto the dual carriageway in third but thought what the hell dropped into second and floored it as the road straightened, The race was on.

I was in the left a few cars in front and fezza in right lane. We both pushed past triple figures when I backed off and let him past.

I was in shock and awe, shock because the tubby kicked ass and awe of the Ferrari that glides past.

further down he is waiting at the lights and on approach he does his window down, and asked is that thing tuned? Mildly I say lol I said did you give it all, he replied saying he was pushing it but not all lol.
He said my car was impressive, I thanked him and returned the gesture by saying I would rather be sitting in his seat and off we went.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Rev 3 Turbo vs Ferrari FF

Post by Peter Gidden »

gnzyza wrote: he replied saying he was pushing it.

Hope his wedding ring didn't scratch the paint.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

starry_bra.jpg
craig

Post by craig »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
gnzyza wrote: he replied saying he was pushing it.

Hope his wedding ring didn't scratch the paint.

Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

gnzyza wrote:I would normally take this turn onto the dual carriageway in third but thought what the hell dropped into second and floored it as the road straightened, The race was on.

I was in the left a few cars in front and fezza in right lane. We both pushed past triple figures when I backed off and let him past.

I would be very careful of making such admissions on a publicly accessible forum. I know somebody who was involved in a serious accident with a biker (who was unable to stop and hit him). The police found out about his postings on car club sites. They did a trawl and used his own words against him in court (evidence of reckless conduct). He got sent down and the judge increased his sentence as a direct result of his self-confessed previous behaviour.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

10PS by any chance?
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Red Devil wrote:
gnzyza wrote:I would normally take this turn onto the dual carriageway in third but thought what the hell dropped into second and floored it as the road straightened, The race was on.

I would be very careful of making such admissions on a publicly accessible forum. I know somebody who was involved in a serious accident with a biker (who was unable to stop and hit him). The police found out about his postings on car club sites. They did a trawl and used his own words against him in court (evidence of reckless conduct). He got sent down and the judge increased his sentence as a direct result of his self-confessed previous behaviour.

Thanks for the advice, wasn't bragging just telling it how it went and thank fully no one was hurt.
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

Ekona wrote:10PS by any chance?

10/10
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

gnzyza wrote:Thanks for the advice, I wasn't bragging just telling it how it went and thank fully no one was hurt.

Wasn't suggesting that you were. The lack of hurt that occurred in your tale is entirely beside the point. It was the same for guy I spoke of up until the day it all went pear shaped for him.

Ekona wrote:10PS by any chance?

10/10. Reading his prison diary was very interesting. Being inside is not quite the holiday camp the Daily Wail would have us all believe.

Especially given that he was locked up in a Cat A jail prior to being moved.

Return to “Driving Experiences”