Water Injection install questions

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nutter

Water Injection install questions

Post by nutter »

Hi,

I'm going to be installing my WI kit next week. Is it ok to mount the nozzle on the side of the i/c pipe or is it better to put it into the top of the pipe?

thanks
Matt@Rogue

Re: Water Injection install questions

Post by Matt@Rogue »

As far as i'm aware it makes no difference, if you do it on top you'll find the hose may get bent as you close the enginebay cover.... just a thought.

Matt.
nutter

Post by nutter »

Hi Matt,

Thats what i thought, the side install will be a lot tidier i think. It's just that i remember seeing some WI kits installed with the nozzle at the top
Matt@Rogue

Post by Matt@Rogue »

I've seen a few in my time and all the top installs have bent over and i would think that would restrict flow - take care tapping the hole as the material isn't very thick!
nutter

Post by nutter »

I'm sure your chargecooler pipes are of sufficient quality :)
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

Do you reckon connecting the w/i to intercooler pipe is the only place you can connect it or can you connect it to the throttle body inlet pipe
AM TUNING

Post by AM TUNING »

put it nearest to throttle body for detination control or firther away for induction temp drop,

i have mine right next to the throttle body works very well, (engine loves it when it comes in)
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

mines set to come in at about 12psi but it doesnt seem to like it,it coughs and splutters and misfires sometimes,ive been wondering whether theres too much water going in and its not liking it or maybe i just need to have the safc mapped properly at the same time as the w/i
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

nick - if your engine is up to temp then theres too much water matey
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

Do you think that maybe i should set the w/i to come in at higher boost say 15psi instead of 12 baring in mind that im running 18psi, do you think that might sort it
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

Because im having problems with where the w/i is just before the throttle body does anybody think it might be worth moving it to somewhere further back on the intercooler pipe
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

mine is at the throttle body - and mine comes in at .5 bar...just too much matey!!
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

Problem solved: :compress:
Variable Injection control module. Takes 0 to 5v dc input such as throttle position, MAF, MAP sensor. One dial allows you to select the spray on point. Another dial adjusts the injector flow relative to the sensor output. This will reduce water/alcohol usage as well provide it at a rate to match your air and fuel intake needs. This could also eliminate the need for a FMU such used on ATI,Vortech, etc kits. If you are nearing the limit of your injectors or fuel supply, this may be the solution to your problem.

Ill try this little thing and se what happens! :wink:
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Nick,

quick question - I am about to finish installing a WI system I got from the US. Where did you get your Variable Inhjectiuon control module ?

Thanks
Rob
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

Well i havent actually ordered it yet but its from the same company that made my water injection kit which is (BE COOL) Aquastealth in america and its $59 i think,I cant remember how much but its cheap though

Return to “Modifications”