has anyone??? (removed TVIS)

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mong

Re: has anyone??? (removed TVIS)

Post by mong »

hi all!!!

thanx for the input defo lots of info to look through!!!!

i did the removal at the weekend!!!! tho no adapter or anything like it!!! simply removed the whole T-VIS gubbins and re attched the IM with shorter bolts

the main reason for this was the use of nitrous its never a good thing to have a complicated IM or entry to the cylinders with gas it tends to cause abnormallities!!! nothing dangerous just not as bigger gains as you could be getting!!!!

but with the T-VIS off altogether and no restrictions given i have opened the entry to the IM and also opend the TB up to 61mm (stock 54mm) so airflow is much greater anyway!!!

i can now agree with everyone and say yes there is a very slight loss in torque at the bottom end but the gains that it made above 3000rpm are unbeliveable!!!

now my stock motor (130k on it) has 61mm TB matched IM no T-VIS and a magnex back box together with a +50hp nitrous (uncontrolled) runs mid 14s and im very pleased

will keep you all up to date of my next actions

tony
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Cheers for that Kevin, I think i can imagine that the difference would be fairly subtle, but it would be interesting to see how it runs, because if i do get a replacement engine (i am sure i will need to eventually) then going AE92 spec would i think be the way to go.
Lauren you are more than welcome to have a drive some time though I may need spare undies :lol: :lol: got no rear lights at the mo think its the relay gone so its in bits but not too big a job
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

kevin..in wrote:
Cheers for that Kevin, I think i can imagine that the difference would be fairly subtle, but it would be interesting to see how it runs, because if i do get a replacement engine (i am sure i will need to eventually) then going AE92 spec would i think be the way to go.
Lauren you are more than welcome to have a drive some time though I may need spare undies :lol: :lol: got no rear lights at the mo think its the relay gone so its in bits but not too big a job

Cheers Kevin, no rush as such. Am hoping my engine will last a bit yet... guess we'll see after elvington! ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

as an engine will only cost you £200.00 its not worth not doing realy :wink:
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

Lauren wrote: For some reason i keep hoping some cheap cams will pop up somewhere.. ;)

You and me both Lauren.
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Lauren wrote:
For some reason i keep hoping some cheap cams will pop up somewhere..
right nobody look at ebay 'cause them ones are mine [-X [-X [-X

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”