mk1 interiors

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jrleech

Re: mk1 interiors

Post by jrleech »

Jiff Lemon wrote:Think I must be the odd one out here....

I've a Mica Blue Coupe and I actually LIKE the blue interior!

Maybe its cos it's just so classically 80's! :D

Well said there =D>

I like my blue interior, far more interesting than boring black :whistle:

For info, the cloth used for the seats and door cards has a different pattern on the Helios blue to the Mica Blue.

Cheers,
Jon
pkmr2

interior

Post by pkmr2 »

Jiff Lemon wrote:Think I must be the odd one out here....

I've a Mica Blue Coupe and I actually LIKE the blue interior!

Maybe its cos it's just so classically 80's! :D

Well said Jiff i love my Blue interior!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't take the 80's away from the mk1!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Icsunonove wrote:It's horrid! And my Dad has banned me from changing it, so I'm stuck with the damn thing! :evil:

To make matters worse I was planning to get mine redone at the same place as Jo did (Tango). They've made an absolutely superb job of it and they are only half an hour from my house.. :roll:

:shock: :shock: My God, I'm not showing my Dad this post, I told him everyone hates the blue interior!

Obviously I am wrong, sorry for offending anyone who has a blue interior! :oops:

Mine's blue and it's staying blue, so I must try harder to like it....
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Goto10 wrote:I'll probably have a black interior going for peanuts within the next couple of months (once I finish the tubby and get on with my Mk1 plans) - is Mica the dark blue? If so mine is Mica with a black interior, perforated leather seats/door cards, looks ok, a bit worn but probably better than blue by the sounds of it!

Steve, Yep Mica blue is the dark blue.

you have black interior because you have leather. Imagine if they'd done blue leather.. :shock:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
jrleech

Post by jrleech »

Lauren wrote:
Goto10 wrote:I'll probably have a black interior going for peanuts within the next couple of months (once I finish the tubby and get on with my Mk1 plans) - is Mica the dark blue? If so mine is Mica with a black interior, perforated leather seats/door cards, looks ok, a bit worn but probably better than blue by the sounds of it!

Steve, Yep Mica blue is the dark blue.

you have black interior because you have leather. Imagine if they'd done blue leather.. :shock:

Blue body with blue leather works well on the Honda S2000 :tongue:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Mine's blue and it's staying blue, so I must try harder to like it
even if you changed everything the bulkhead behind the IP (dash to you) which you can see at the bottom of the screen is blue on blue interior cars! I could be very wrong here (not unkown!!!!) but i have heard of a very rare black/blue leather option seats were black and most of the interior was blue door cards were blue with black leather inserts. I'll see if I can find pics. :wink:
widster

Post by widster »

I know this post is over now but i just wanted to add that i too really like the blue interior in my Mica Blue 1987 T-bar. It's so different to what you would get in a modern car that it becomes cool in it's own way.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”