side mouldings

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Adam Tyler

side mouldings

Post by Adam Tyler »

I'm getting desperate here. Does anyone know where I can get the side mouldings located on both sides of the Mk2 between the front wheel and the indicator/sidelight housing? Earlier cars (like mine :? ) had the orange indicators in them but I want some cleaner lines. They were standard on 96-on cars so I phoned toyota ( :ncool: ) who said they are only available painted and vary in price from about 45 squid each to about a million pounds depending on colour. Can't justify spendin nearly a ton on two 15inch pieces of plastic!! Please help because ](*,)
Edwin

Re: side mouldings

Post by Edwin »

Check Ebay.com, they are buy-it-now for $105. Black finish.
They only ship to the US though, but I could persuade a seller to ship to Europe more than once. Worth a try IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

Or check this one, even cheaper:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

I'm thinking about getting a pair of these from Toyota just because it's easier, they just have to go now as i've just fitted some clear lenses and they are bothering me.
Just wondering... before I call Toyota and sound like a complete fool do I need a part number for them and if so does anybody know what it is?

TIA
Chumbaside

Post by Chumbaside »

Assuming your car is red as your profile says, then you would need

52712-17050-D1 for the RHS

52713-17050-D1 for the LHS

These are painted in Super Red 2 (3E5)

HTH

Mark
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

Got mine from my local stealership - Harry Feeney.

Some extortionate price so if you can find them cheap via ebay etc that would be the way to go.

Only advantage at the stealership is that you get the colour you want....
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

Chumbaside wrote:
These are painted in Super Red 2 (3E5)

HTH

Mark

Thanks Mark that's just what I needed.

Daz
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

Kieron wrote:Got mine from my local stealership - Harry Feeney.

Some extortionate price so if you can find them cheap via ebay etc that would be the way to go.

Only advantage at the stealership is that you get the colour you want....

That's my main issue really, I don't expect they'd cost me any less to get sprayed elsewhere.
I suppose if they are too expensive pre-painted I could have a bash at spraying them myself. Can't be that difficult can it? :?
nutter

Post by nutter »

I just took the bulbs out of mine, and sprayed the indicator lenses. You don't really notice them when they are the same colour. Mind you my side mouldings are black so it wouldn't show as much as red ones

Return to “Modifications”