First Ring trip July2005

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

Re: Video Footage ...

Post by BenF »

paul port wrote:
BenF wrote:unfortunatly the camera battery ran out so all its got of these 'quick' laps is the first few minutes.

Get yourself a huge battery off Ebay...
I grabbed a BP-535 copy for my Canon that will power it for some 5Hrs +
Cost about 15 quid delivered.

paul

Ta Paul - I've already got a load ready for use at trackdays, it was just a shame that the one on the camera at that time didn't last more than 10 minutes - when I checked it before joining the circuit it said it had half its life left, ie 30-40 minutes - but it gave out a little quicker than I expected.

I did set up the camera to record my last two laps later on Sunday that afternoon, but as the camera went back into the bag it must have jogged the battery off the camera, switching it off #-o

Its a shame as they were the two Laps I enjoyed the most from the whole trip. I was just trying to be smooth and flow with the track rather than over-drive the car which is what I had been doing previously. As they say, smooth is fast.
Last edited by BenF on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenF
Premium Member

Re: First Ring trip July2005

Post by BenF »

quigonjay wrote:Ben, whats goin on with that bit where it looks like your on the track then you go through another pit lane type thing :-k

Ah, that's the start/finish straight, with the ticket barriers you have to go through each time you join the track.

Rather than bore you with 2 minutes of me doing a slow cruise back to the ticket barriers, I just edited it out to keep the filesize as small as possible.

Usually, if you're doing doing a timed laps you usually time between the gantry at the finish and the start ( at 5.34 and 6.15 on this clip) but as I was doing I warm up lap I just short shifted into top going along the main straight. The second lap would have been a little quicker.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Great vid - was watching it, thinking, "where's my speedo, and my rev counter, and my pedal position indicators.. and where did those bikes come from????"

Oh yeah, it's not GT4 :)
Demon - AW11

Post by Demon - AW11 »

damn u guys are so lucky to be able to race round the ring :(
i dont suppose any body has any mint shots of an AW11 racing round do they? besides the ones shown ;)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Demon - AW11 wrote:damn u guys are so lucky to be able to race round the ring :(
i dont suppose any body has any mint shots of an AW11 racing round do they? besides the ones shown ;)

They were the best shots we have..

this is a good one (my old SC round Spa in 2003):

Demon - AW11

Post by Demon - AW11 »

Lauren wrote:
Demon - AW11 wrote:damn u guys are so lucky to be able to race round the ring :(

They were the best shots we have..

this is a good one (my old SC round Spa in 2003):

ill take any shots ya have :), nice SC btw
cg nz

Ring trip

Post by cg nz »

Seems like Ring has claimed a few more addicts

Lauren - have already been to Spa a number of times - MR2 and VR-4 - so have already enjoyed and compared them

Which bend ? - it could be Ex-Muhle - maybe the curve of Bredscheid is decepetive as you go over the bridge partic as we are looking back at the bend from a reverse angle. Have tried this type of guessing quite a few times on the Ringers list and it is never easy recognising them when it a reverse or higher angle than you ever see the bends when driving. One reason why it may not be Ex-Muhle is that as the car is driving away from Breidscheid then why is the no entry sign on the right side as we look at the photo? And Breidsched is not only an access point to the track but it is an exit so why would a no entry sign be in the photo at all at that point albeit on the wrong side of the road?!

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”