Sidelights & Pop-Up Headlights

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MarkyMR2

Sidelights & Pop-Up Headlights

Post by MarkyMR2 »

When I have my side lights on and flash, my headlights stay up :x Am I right in thinkin there is a way to stop this? If so PLEASE help it does my head in having to turn them off then back on again :(
pecky

Re: Sidelights & Pop-Up Headlights

Post by pecky »

yes it it possible to stop this, just by cutting a wire and fitting a switch so u can stil leave lights up to change a bulb, but not sure which wire u cut lol
MarkyMR2

Post by MarkyMR2 »

Cheers mate! it's a start at least, if anyone can help further it will be a great help - Cheers 8)
OohMatron

Post by OohMatron »

Hey,

You need to locate the headlight controller which is the blue box at the front right hand corner of the front bonnet area.

Unclip this from the car and disconnect the white connector. I've heard that there's pin numbers on the inside of the connector and the pin you're interested in is pin 6.

You can just cut this wire but you'll loose the ability to have your lights up for bulb changes etc.

You can put a switch in the wire which will allow you to make the connection again, but, the neatest mod is to fit a switch to the control box itself.

Jonty has published a simple how to on his website (Hope he doesn't mind me publicising it.?)

http://www.sopertek.co.uk/mr2/mods/electrical/index.htm

I did this mod to mine just this week and it's far better to be able to flash :wink: then have the units pop down.

Hope this helps.

Stephen
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

OohMatron wrote:Jonty has published a simple how to on his website (Hope he doesn't mind me publicising it.?)

http://www.sopertek.co.uk/mr2/mods/electrical/index.htm

I did this mod to mine just this week and it's far better to be able to flash :wink: then have the units pop down.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

I don't mind at all, but it's not a How-To... more of a 'Have-done'. :wink:

Looking at the pics though you should just be able to make out that it's the far right connector on the bottom row which needs to be engineered with a switch. You can of course place a switch outside of the unit (cutting the wire going into the loom) but a small toggle switch makes for a very tidy install.

Regards,

Jonty.
MarkyMR2

Post by MarkyMR2 »

Cheers for that mate 8)

Return to “Electrical”