WMS Brakes-> AW11 4 pot brake kit: £505.00+vat (also 2.5% or 5% IMOC discounts!)

A forum where Traders can post, advertising products and special offers for IMOC-UK members. If you want to advertise here, please PM one of the Committee

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sjm1984

Re: WMS Brakes-> AW11 4 pot brake kit: £505.00+vat (also 2.5% or 5% IMOC discounts!)

Post by sjm1984 »

Keri-WMS wrote:
sjm1984 wrote:ok good stuff

what is included in the kit for the rev3 tubby kits?

The kits all have calipers/brackets+inserts/bolts/discs.

sjm1984 wrote:are they 4 pot?

Yes.

sjm1984 wrote:minimum size wheel?

16" as they are 300mm, you might find the odd daft motorsport 15" will take that size but very very rarely.

sjm1984 wrote:how do i order them?

PM me! :D

will be in touch in september 8)
Keri-WMS

Re: WMS Brakes-> AW11 4 pot brake kit: £505.00+vat (also 2.5% or 5% IMOC discounts!)

Post by Keri-WMS »

Cool - I'll be jumping up and down on here about them once they are ready, don't you worry! \:D/
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Do you do any brake upgrade kits for the MK1 that do not involve drilling the discs?

I have heard people say they are safe but drilling a brake disc is completely anathema to me and I would never trust it.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Tiamat wrote:Do you do any brake upgrade kits for the MK1 that do not involve drilling the discs?

I have heard people say they are safe but drilling a brake disc is completely anathema to me and I would never trust it.

No, but there honestly is no issue at all, it's sound engineering.

In fact lots of OEM brake discs have "spare" holes. Put it another way, if there's an issue with more holes than wheel bolts (or studs) then how do those multi-fit wheel spacers not fall apart - they are wasted away to nearly nothing in most cases!

I've got a single left-over AW11 kit if anyone wants it by the way... :whistle: (first come first served I'm afraid)
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Wayhay - got the first batch of 4-pot WMS 300mm Mk2 MR2 front brackets at last! Calipers are due any day as well, should be en-route to me now.

Here it is in the flesh...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

are you gonna do some testing on the track with these? :thumleft:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

That's the plan, the 300x18mm one anyway. The 296x28mm one is overkill in terms of thermal mass and won't need testing, but I want to 100% prove the 18mm one is up to the job as it's a really nice disc and will improve the handling with the weight saving!

(plus it's an excuse to get up to Brands... :mrgreen: )
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

I've been doing the product photography, here's the 4P018 kit - 300x18mm Mk2 front!

8)

Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

I've got SW20 spec calipers - very limited though due to reserved kits. Final SW20 kit prices are here: www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=140657

4P018 = 298.5x18mm "light" one piece 5.21kg disc kits
4P065 = 296x28mm "heavy duty" one piece 8.03kg disc kits
Last edited by Keri-WMS on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protok

Post by Protok »

Ooooh I want :clap:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Protok wrote:Ooooh I want :clap:

...it can be arranged! There's one kit on my car, one kit reserved (deposit paid) waiting for me to sign off on the final prototype brake lines before I release the kits to the public - and ONE available kit with no-one's name on. :whistle:
Protok

Post by Protok »

Keri-WMS wrote:
Protok wrote:Ooooh I want :clap:

...it can be arranged! There's one kit on my car, one kit reserved (deposit paid) waiting for me to sign off on the final prototype brake lines before I release the kits to the public - and ONE available kit with no-one's name on. :whistle:

I wish I could but I've got to sort out my suspension, definitely on my list for the near future though.
Just a quick question, will the stock MR2 brake hoses not fit?
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

How much would I need for a deposit on a kit?
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Race Idiot wrote:How much would I need for a deposit on a kit?

£50, ideally by transfer but PayPal is ok as well. :thumleft:

(Buyers who've paid a deposit need to keep the balance free though as I can't sit on stock once it's ready to ship unless I've agreed something in advance.)
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Protok wrote:I wish I could but I've got to sort out my suspension, definitely on my list for the near future though.
Just a quick question, will the stock MR2 brake hoses not fit?

'fraid not, the WMS calipers don't use the same fittings as the Toyota calipers.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Keri-WMS wrote:

(Buyers who've paid a deposit need to keep the balance free though as I can't sit on stock once it's ready to ship unless I've agreed something in advance.)

Have you got the template? As i'd like to make sure they fit under my wheels. Do you know when these will be available as I may have bu88ered calipers and if so i'd rather upgrade than go with the same.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Race Idiot wrote:
Keri-WMS wrote:

Have you got the template? As i'd like to make sure they fit under my wheels. Do you know when these will be available as I may have bu88ered calipers and if so i'd rather upgrade than go with the same.

Yup, here you go: http://keri.co.uk/wms/4P018-SW20-298_5m ... otated.pdf

I got the lines today and plan to fit them this afternoon, so the kit should be signed off today as well! The lead time on an order would be roughly a week from payment if that's in time?
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Keri-WMS wrote:
Race Idiot wrote:Have you got the template? As i'd like to make sure they fit under my wheels. Do you know when these will be available as I may have bu88ered calipers and if so i'd rather upgrade than go with the same.

I got the lines today and plan to fit them this afternoon, so the kit should be signed off today as well! The lead time on an order would be roughly a week from payment if that's in time?

I'm going to check the fitment with the template tommorow cheers. :thumleft:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Race Idiot wrote:
Keri-WMS wrote:
Race Idiot wrote:Have you got the template? As i'd like to make sure they fit under my wheels. Do you know when these will be available as I may have bu88ered calipers and if so i'd rather upgrade than go with the same.

I'm going to check the fitment with the template tommorow cheers. :thumleft:

How did you get on with the PDF? The brake lines passed! :thumleft:

Final spec is sorted, the price for the lines is fixed (£52.54+vat/pr), the Mk2 kit is now officially LIVE! \:D/

Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Keri-WMS wrote:
How did you get on with the PDF? The brake lines passed! :thumleft:

Final spec is sorted, the price for the lines is fixed (£52.54+vat/pr), the Mk2 kit is now officially LIVE! \:D/

I managed to forget to bring the template with me #-o I should be able to do it on monday.

Which kit would be best for a car that is 99% street and then 1% Nurb/airfield days etc. With ferodo ds2500 and the lines, what would be the overall price?

Return to “IMOC-UK Affiliates”