who do u love beating off the lights?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: who do u love beating off the lights?

Post by Lauren »

aw11rally wrote:Wowzers thanks for sharing. Amazing video.

Those BMW's really kicked ass didn't they! Did I hear Murry Walker say BMW were leading the championship.#-o

Such a shame the BTCC has been sterile in comparison for the last decade or so.

Bring back the days of the E30 M3 and RS500. :mrgreen:

Those were the days! I didn't go to Silverstone, but I remember watching the touring cars at Brands that year. That was the year Tim Harvey won in the E36. Fast forward to 2004 and I had Tim Harvey instructing me. I remember following him round Bedford West circuit during some training, it took quite some effort to keep up with him.

I do miss the days, Cleland, Soper, Harvey et al.

But, in saying that touring cars is still pretty full on. Twas a pretty good race at Snett last weekend and let's not forget Thruxton which was stonking.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Tim Harvey - yes I sat next to him in an MX5 which thrashed an M3 round Cadwell, ha ha! But I didn't find him a very good instructor - he told you once then just let you get on with it. Useless IMHO!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

tonigmr2 wrote:Tim Harvey - yes I sat next to him in an MX5 which thrashed an M3 round Cadwell, ha ha! But I didn't find him a very good instructor - he told you once then just let you get on with it. Useless IMHO!

I remember having a very in-depth conversation with him regarding balancing the car and stuff. Was all very techie, but throughly enjoyable. He just used to grin like a cheshire cat when I took him round during assessment.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Driving Experiences”