Taught a lesson by a people carrier!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

ryan

Re: Taught a lesson by a people carrier!

Post by ryan »

I left University at 22 and after 9 months I bought my first house. I didnt mortgage myself to the hilt (58k 9 yrs ago), but my friends reactions were unbelieveable. 'Noose around your neck' etc, I can only conclude that they were just too afraid to take the plunge. A year later I bought my next house after selling the first, and then sold the one a year later. In a rising market I made a lot of money which enabled me to travel the world for a year. Okay, so when I returned a year later i'd spent over 15k, but I have great memories of people/places which I wouldnt have had if id stayed here and just kept paying the mortgage. I also run my MR2 turbo for 4 years locuming for the NHS in different parts of the UK which I really enjoyed.
I now have a 77k mortgage and to be honest I dont really require anything bigger or more expensive; i'd rather spend money on holidays and cars. Each to their own I guess, we all have different priorities.
My mother used to work for a multi millionaire QC, and he drove a Rover 200; a car was just transport to him. If money was no object and I had 2.4 children, then I would have the Ariel Atom in the garage, as well as the people carrier etc, but compromises need to be made, and kids cost money, so I dont really see anything wrong with the Zafira GSi; it does the school run, but still give you a kick in the ar$e to remind you of your probably distant boy racer days 8)

I certainly dont need to keep up with the Jones, as the Jones have got a BMW on the drive, and sod all in the fridge (or fur coat, no knickers)

Totally off topic, but just had to air my thoughts :lol:

Return to “Driving Experiences”