www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Rays Style Anodised Lightweight wheel nuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> Deleted Momentum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momentum

Feedback Score: 7

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Rays Style Anodised Lightweight wheel nuts Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Folks.... we have a few sets of Rays Style Anodised wheel nuts for sale..

These are a lightweight replacment for your origional wheel nuts and they are available in either anodised blue or red..

They are M12 x 1.25

Priced at 60 inc vat & recorded delivery to anywhere in the UK
Babboon

Feedback Score: 4

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

When I've seen these advertised before, they have been shown as containing 16 x standard and 4 locking ones in each pack.
Can you confirm if there are locking ones included as it would be a shame to buy a set and then get non-matching locking nuts
Momentum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Babboon wrote:
When I've seen these advertised before, they have been shown as containing 16 x standard and 4 locking ones in each pack.
Can you confirm if there are locking ones included as it would be a shame to buy a set and then get non-matching locking nuts

Hi yes these have 4 locking wheel nuts and 16 standard nuts, the 4 locking wheel nuts have to be fitted with the socket supplied, the rest just with a ordinary wheel brace or standard socket...

Thanks Steven
Daemonslayer

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi steven thanks for you PM.
[Whistle] [Whistle] [Whistle] i take the red ones!

can you do that priece please shipped to germany
Momentum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Daemonslayer wrote:
hi steven thanks for you PM.
[Whistle] [Whistle] [Whistle] i take the red ones!

can you do that priece please shipped to germany

you have a PM.
Daemonslayer

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

thanks iam ok with that.Reds are gone [Mr. Green]
platmatt8
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Momentum wrote:
Babboon wrote:

Hi yes these have 4 locking wheel nuts and 16 standard nuts, the 4 locking wheel nuts have to be fitted with the socket supplied, the rest just with a ordinary wheel brace or standard socket...

Thanks Steven

What make the locking nuts secure?
Momentum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[/quote]

What make the locking nuts secure?[/quote]

HI.. the locking nut has a groove cut out of one side that only the socket provided will fit over... it is also a different size to the rest of the nuts.

Thats about it really....

Cheers Steven
dave5526

Feedback Score: 39

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If they are hex nuts with a groove cut into the side surely a hex head socket will still turn them? I know you say it's a different size but you can get a hex head socket in just about any size. Normally locking nuts are round so a hex socket wont have anything to grip, so only the key with the right grooves can open it.

If I am wrong I'll be interested in a set in red though!
Momentum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

dave5526 wrote:
If they are hex nuts with a groove cut into the side surely a hex head socket will still turn them? I know you say it's a different size but you can get a hex head socket in just about any size. Normally locking nuts are round so a hex socket wont have anything to grip, so only the key with the right grooves can open it.

If I am wrong I'll be interested in a set in red though!

Hi Dave... you pretty much hit the nail on the head, the security set up on them is not the greatest, their main feature is the anodised aluminum finish i think they are aimed more for a show piece rather than hardcore wheel nuts.

Thanks Steven
Chris

Feedback Score: 28

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Do you have a blue set in stock? Are they chamfer fit?

Cheers.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 53

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can you get hold of the gunmetal grey ones that Rays do?
GTS GAV

Feedback Score: 13

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

theres some on ebay boys [thumleft]

did you get my reply msg chris [thumleft]
Ren0W

Feedback Score: 18

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As for the locking nuts:

I have genuine Ray's ones, and they are indeed "hex head", only thing: the locking ones got the edges at different places.

So a normal hex head socket won't fit.
Momentum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Guys..

We are all out of these now.. i will repost on this when we recieve them back into stock.

Thanks Steven
Momentum
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> The Dungeon -> Deleted Momentum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: