VW Passat Estate TDi ont he way to work yesterday...

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

Re: VW Passat Estate TDi ont he way to work yesterday...

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:
allan welsh wrote:well that diagram doesn't mark it like that so i guess that woould be for the insurers to argue

Obviously the diagram doesn't cover every eventuality. No idea why insurers would be that interested in all honesty. I don't normally call them to check after making a manouevre.

The insurers would be very interested if there was a collision. And my bet would be they'd take the side of the person who was in the "right" lane taking less of a risk. As would the police.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Lauren wrote:
allan welsh wrote:well that diagram doesn't mark it like that so i guess that woould be for the insurers to argue

Obviously the diagram doesn't cover every eventuality. No idea why insurers would be that interested in all honesty. I don't normally call them to check after making a manouevre.

The insurers would be very interested if there was a collision. And my bet would be they'd take the side of the person who was in the "right" lane taking less of a risk. As would the police.

yup, that was my point :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I just give up.

On a dual carriageway which has a roundabout in the middle of it, does nobody ever use the right lane to go straight over?

Can't believe people don't because I see hundreds of people do this everyday.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Marf

Post by Marf »

I do.
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

+1
excalibur1814

Nice

Post by excalibur1814 »

+1

Double lanes with double exits to me means stay in the right lane and exit in the right lane. What's dangerous is people staying in the right lane and coming off of the roundabout, driving over to the left lane while you should 'stay' in the right lane until safe to indicate and return to the left.

Heck, why do they have arrows point to the left lane when a dual turns back into a single when coming off of a roundabout? Because they know people will use BOTH lanes.
Marf

Post by Marf »

So long as the right lane has this before the entrance to the roundabout, I use the right lane. :wink:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

If you dont cut some one up and cause an accident it's all fine and dandy. :thumleft:

I dont know how many times I need to say that :-k

What they do on the round about I was talking about is pull up along side you at the round about, pull away at the same time as you, match your speed going over the round about, then at the last minute, decide they want to be where you are. I always pull off in to the left side of the exit. It's not really 2 lanes as you exit, but it is wide enough for 2 cars and does open up to 2 clearly marked lanes at a set of lights.

That opens up a whole new problem there lol. Straight after those lights it merges into 1 lane with the right hand side being forced into the left lane. People are determined to overtake as many cars on the right before pulling into the left, again making people brake. Perhaps I just have more manners than everyone else but I think the traffic will flow much better if people get in the right lane earlier rather than causing bottle necks at the end.
Marf

Post by Marf »

matt_mr2t wrote:If you dont cut some one up and cause an accident it's all fine and dandy. :thumleft:

100 times should do it.

matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Marf wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:If you dont cut some one up and cause an accident it's all fine and dandy. :thumleft:

100 times should do it.

Only 3 left then :lol:
Marf

Post by Marf »

:mrgreen:

Return to “Driving Experiences”