Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Urbantiger

which direct replacement turbo

Post by Urbantiger »

hi guys i'm looking for a turbo to push easily 350 BHP

but i want a direct replacement so not to have to much messing around fitting

any sugestions much appreciated,

im running short on time tho as im going to America on friday and if possible i want to try and pick one up there.

thanks

Steve..
Bender Unit

Re: which direct replacement turbo

Post by Bender Unit »

Power enterprises PE xxxx or what ever its called. Basically a direct drop in and AFAIK good for around 400ps with supporting mods.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

It's called the PE1919T. John Rees has this very turbo in his own car and I can vouch as to how good it is. It does infact use the CT-20b housing, however, the internals have been completely removed and replaced with IHI goodies of Scoobie fame I believe.

I was thinking of this turbo for my own car for a while but decided their was better out there given my need in the future. I did find it hard to find any hard evidence as to the limits of this turbo. It is said that it can support as much as 400ps. But this I suspect is at the turbo it's self. I very much doubt that it could support this kind of power eficiently o be honest due to it's size etc. However John Rees's car might well be proving me wrong in the future!

So come on John boy, pull ya finger out and get that car of yours mapped :wink:

Here's a link to some info on it for you... http://www.madpsi.net/MR2PEKit.htm

Mikejc
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

An upgraded CT26 or CT20 is not the answer no matter what anyone tells you, the turbine housing is very restrictive and generates too much back pressure and heat in the cylinders after 17psi, im pretty sure at 17psi you have about 20psi of pressure behind the turbine, this generates loads of heat, hence the notorious melting piston 3 as im sure this is the shortest direct exhaust runner to the turbo.

Graeme

Return to “Mechanical”