IMOC TOTB Team - Logo Design Competition

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

IMOC TOTB Team - Logo Design Competition

Post by michael »

A little bit more short notice than I'd like but I thought it could still be fun!

As I'm sure you already know IMOC will be entering a team of MR2s in TOTB this year, as well as a strong group of cars running in the event we are also hoping to secure a large club parking area on the back of pre-booked, heavily discounted, tickets.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=88

With all of this in mind we thought it might be nice to have a member-designed logo for use on the day, hopefully on banners in the pits and parking area as well as anything else we can stick it on, t-shirts maybe?

So I'm inviting all members to come up with a design that we can use, don't worry if you can't draw or don't have anything fancy to design it on, a photo of a drawing on a beer mat will be enough to start with. Obviously professional efforts will make life easier but it's more the idea we want to see at this stage.

http://www.totb.co.uk

It needs to put across a strong club identity and mention TOTB VIII really, other than that it's down to you...

Bear in mind that it will hopefully be used on large banners as well as small logos on clothing (hopefully) so it needs to scale well or be available in 2 versions for multi-use.

Over to you folks... upload a pic to Photobucket (or similar) or if you can't do this for some reason you can email entries to me and I'll host them for you.

I'll probably be able to donate a TOTB entry ticket to the winner and will buy you a bottle of water on the day :)

Closing date will be the end of May but if things go quiet we might bring that forward to allow more time to sort things out.
ryan

Re: IMOC TOTB Team - Logo Design Competition

Post by ryan »

Doesn't using 'Team IMOC' automatically exclude other owners clubs from entering? I thought the feeling a while ago was that any MR2 and owner were welcome? I think that these were even your own words Michael. Could I, for instance enter an MR2 if I werent part of 'team IMOC'?
michael

Post by michael »

This isn't really the thread for this discussion (the main TOTB thread has been active for ages but I guess you've missed it?) but as you know in previous years I attempted to pull together a team from all of the clubs - I got little or no entries from any people other than IMOC members.

IMOC and it's members have always been very supportive of the event and I felt that bringing it back as a club entry would be a good opportunity to focus on both the team and the potential for a more social element to the day.

Anyone can apply to enter TOTB as an individual but there will only be one team of MR2s which is being entered under the IMOC name. Anyone who does enter an MR2 themselves will be more than welcome to park next to us in the pitlane and pull on team resources if necessary. At the end of the day we are all MR2 enthusiasts, I've just chosen to focus the team.

Of course there is nothing stopping anyone signing up to IMOC for free if they are really keen to take part in the team side of things.
ryan

Post by ryan »

Thanks for the reply, been meaning to ask that for a long while, and I see what you mean about most entries are from imoc members.
Back on topic :)
michael

Post by michael »

ryan wrote:Thanks for the reply

No problem, now draw me a picture please :)
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

8)
michael

Post by michael »

It's in the lead at the moment :thumleft:
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

easy winner :thumleft:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

:shock:

I did not realise the amount of artistic talent we have on the forum!

:oldtongue:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
michael

Post by michael »

It's really hotting up now! :clap:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Any idea what font the IMOC logo text is in? As in the logo on the top left of this page? I have an idea in my head but need the text to match...

Well anyway, I knocked it up in mspaint. I'll have a better go at it when I've got time:

IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

I quite like that you know! Only thing I'd personally change is the 8 to VIII. Don't know why, jus looks more grown up! Lol
Do like it though!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

That's given me another idea actually.

It's a shame the TOTB logo is so toss, they don't seem to provide any decent media downloads etc on the site...
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

toxo wrote:Any idea what font the IMOC logo text is in? As in the logo on the top left of this page? I have an idea in my head but need the text to match...

Well anyway, I knocked it up in mspaint. I'll have a better go at it when I've got time:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://theshado.ws/images/imoc/logoTest3.jpeg

Mine is clearly superior to that one! :whistle:

8-[
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

A few 'interesting' entries so far :lol:

Keep them coming people - if we can get a design agreed on in time it will likely appear on the banners and shirts we're hoping to have printed for the team.

The designer of the winning logo gets one of the shirts as a prize so that in years to come they can entertain the grandkids with stories of their artistic exploits. Or not :lol:
michael

Post by michael »

Unfortunately I think we'll have to kill this one off, interest levels haven't been as high as hoped and while the entries to date are appreciated we won't have a great deal of time to put things together now.

Sorry, keep your ideas brewing for next time...

Return to “Club News and Announcements”