Mk1 SuperCharged

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MisterTwo

Mk1 SuperCharged

Post by MisterTwo »

How do you identify a supercharged Mk1??

ANy help welcome!!

Thanks in advance! :D
adamh

Re: Mk1 SuperCharged

Post by adamh »

MisterTwo wrote:How do you identify a supercharged Mk1??

ANy help welcome!!

the rear lights are different, .. the dash is different, the engine is different!!!.. visual easily noticeable things.. on the rocker cover in 1.5 inch raised casting letters..('supercharger!!) on the dash.. 'supercharger' green led below the revs. vents in engine lid sc style ,.. surely not questions!!?

?? whats up then?? one whip your a** ...
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

MisterTwo wrote:How do you identify a supercharged Mk1??

ANy help welcome!!

The engine lid has raised vents on it like the tubby, or vice versa to be correct.

The lights are jap lights and look obviously different. That said a JDM NA would have the same lights, but they are so rare in the UK you can pretty much take it that its an SC if you see the different lights.

They normally have 'Supercharger' on the bootlid and on the doors.
MisterTwo

Post by MisterTwo »

adam...shut it.

Im interested cos i know bu88er all about them and have never seen one before in my life.

A mate asked me about them which left me with a totally gormless expression!

I gathered they had a different engine from the 4 age, just didnt know what and how it looked!

Thanks Lauren for the info....your a star!
adamh

Post by adamh »

the lights are clearer in this image.. its not an sc tho, its pauls V6! just the lights were used..

the bonnet vents..

dash

adamh

Post by adamh »

MisterTwo wrote:adam...shut it.

Im interested cos i know bu88er all about them and have never seen one before in my life.

I gathered they had a different engine from the 4 age, just didnt know what and how it looked!

MATE!!!.. I was helping.. should I have bothered to answer the post?, do you read words how you think they are read or how they are wrote.. see.. there may be a minor doiscrepancy between the analysis of language!....i reference this comment..." visual easily noticeable things"
SORT IT!
Last edited by adamh on Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

MisterTwo wrote:adam...shut it.

No probs here's some more info taken from Mark's site (mr2.net) pics are of his Super Edition SC:

Engine:

Dash (also in front is my old car Yummy and Mark's other SC ie the white one)you can see the green SC led on the rev counter:

Seats (only Super Editions had the recaros):

Here's a pic of Mark's first SC which he totalled, but shows the door decals:

And the rear end with decals, lights etc:

MisterTwo

Post by MisterTwo »

Thanks Adam and Lauren, great help. Cheers!!

Apologies Adam, thanks for the pics...that looks sweet as!
adamh

Post by adamh »

MisterTwo wrote:Thanks Adam and Lauren, great help. Cheers!!

Apologies Adam, thanks for the pics...that looks sweet as!

no worries mate....

your motor looks sweet too!

A
adamh

Post by adamh »

other differences.. compression ratio, obvs the additon of other internal components.. the sc has a bigger stronger bottom end than n/a.. does it come with any strut brace ? or is that just the t-bars.

i can tell you how they drive im afraid i havent been that lucky to date, where does the power cut in?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

adamh wrote:other differences.. compression ratio, obvs the additon of other internal components.. the sc has a bigger stronger bottom end than n/a.. does it come with any strut brace ? or is that just the t-bars.

i can tell you how they drive im afraid i havent been that lucky to date, where does the power cut in?

Yep of course internals are different. Bottom end is same as NA apart from the pistons.

Only the late spec GZE's ie AE92, AE101 have stronger bottom ends.

no strut brace unless its a t-bar.

I've driven every guise of SC, standard, modded, manual, auto, levin spec, HKS pulleys, fensport pulleys etc.. over the last 4 years.

The SC is on an electromagnetic clutch, so it clicks on once the vacuum drops below 8mm/hg.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Lauren wrote:
adamh wrote:other differences.. compression ratio, obvs the additon of other internal components.. the sc has a bigger stronger bottom end than n/a.. does it come with any strut brace ? or is that just the t-bars.

Yep of course internals are different. Bottom end is same as NA apart from the pistons.

Only the late spec GZE's ie AE92, AE101 have stronger bottom ends.

no strut brace unless its a t-bar.

Also the gearbox is different as are the driveshafts. The Rev1 turbo allegedly shares the same internals as an SC box. The SC box is much, much bigger than the NA one and quite a bit heavier.

I've driven every guise of SC, standard, modded, manual, auto, levin spec, HKS pulleys, fensport pulleys etc.. over the last 4 years.

The SC is on an electromagnetic clutch, so it clicks on once the vacuum drops below 8mm/hg.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”