1994 GT-S - Whats it worth?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

emicen

1994 GT-S - Whats it worth?

Post by emicen »

My mates got a K plate hardtop GT-S in red and I've heard he's just wanting rid of it hence he's selling it cheap (rumour has it theres a scooby on the way). Its got no tax or MOT. What do you reckon it'd be worth?

Mods (I know of)
2 or 3 piece split rims (duno which brand)
Bomex front bumper
Aftermarket skirts and spats (if thats the right term, the little bits at the front behind the wing)
Blitz Access ECU
HKS filter
Dual exit Jap style exhaust

Condition wise theres a few chips in the bumper and skirts but thats about it.

(changed the title 8) )
Last edited by emicen on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve b

Re: 1994 GT-S - Whats it worth?

Post by steve b »

K plate rev2 turbo autotrader puts them at about £4000, looks a fine car, why break it ?
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
emicen

Post by emicen »

I'm trying to gather opinions on what its worth at the moment, I always thought it was a nice enough car. He just seems to have fallen out of love with it.
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

If he doesnt care much about his car right now its probably cos its got issues he cant be assed to sort out! cars worth between 3.5 - 4k in good nick! find out whats wrong with it and do you sums, from the outside its a fine looking car! normal issues lie with suspension! horrible clunky bumpy ride really puts people of these cars even though its easy to fix if you can be assed!
Find out and report back, all can be sorted for the right fee.

Good luck! :lol:
Fonzy
shafster

Post by shafster »

i'd say going rate for hardtops at the mo is 3-4k depending on mods and condition. a car without tax or mot will struggle to get 3k as people will think there's something wrong with it.
emicen

Post by emicen »

Added some more pics. Forgot its got a Toms scoop as well.
craig

Post by craig »

Looks a damn smart car!!! 8)
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

To sell with no MOT, that's just silly!! Why not spend £30-40 and then not have to reduce 300-500 'cos no-one wants it!! If there's something knowingly wrong then he can't expect much anyway! I'd guess £3,500 on current prices, maybe as low as £3k as Shafster says as its got no MOT or tax :roll:

Price is normally dictated by mileage and condition (body and engine). Year is less important, but don't expect anything back from kits etc!

:wink:
Last edited by Leon. on Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

Leeroy wrote:To sell with no MOT, that's just silly!! Why not spend £30-40 and then not have to reduce 300-500 'cos no-one wants it!! If there's something knowingly wrong then he can't expect much anyway! I'd guess £3,500 on current prices, maybe as low as £3k as Shafster says as its got no MOT or tax :roll:

:wink:

good point! Get the thing MOT'd and taxed!!! :wink:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

maybe I missed something but a 94 GTS with a K plate and airflow meter?

Its late at night be gentle :oops:
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

Its a 92 or 93 Emicen mate.

Ive seen the car in person and its pretty good.

R.
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

emicen wrote:Image

Is it me or does it look like there is oil on the IC pipes, just as it bends before then throttle body and the directly above that on the pipe from turbo to IC. The BOV vents to atmosphere that way too....my old REV2 did that when the oil seals failed on the turbo....when the bov vented to Atmos a little of oil that was passing would vent out too.

Might be just my eyes though

:)
EarL

Post by EarL »

Just a shadow dude.

If he decides to break it, I've got first dibs on the front bumper and sideskirts! :D
emicen

Post by emicen »

Rikki wrote:Its a 92 or 93 Emicen mate.

Ive seen the car in person and its pretty good.

R.

I think I may have me years mixed up. Just thought about it and if my L plate 205s a 94 and me J plate 185s a 92 then his does indeed have to be a 93!
senie

Post by senie »

l=93/94 (nov 93 when rev3 was produced)
k=92/93
j=91/12

assuming its a k plate:

With about 80ooo miles+bills+cambelt done=3500 tops in mint with mot.

Thats the max i personally would pay.

Howver

a car is worth what someone will pay. Other people might love it, think its a really good drive and want to have its babies and pay £5000. Others might have a different opinion.

Stick it for sale at the highest price. If it dont sell, lower the asking price.

Excuse the gammar, i just cant be ar$ed 2 day. :(
woody

Post by woody »

its worth more than £3500 for sure!!! with the nice kit and wheels, + it looks like its in very good nick. £4000 but id go for £4200 though.

there are a lot of poo heaps around which are cheap but people will pay more for a genuinely good car.
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

not without an MOT :wink:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”