Wide arches

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Wide arches

Post by Ryan S »

Right, so been on the hunt for rocket bunny style arches. Closest I can find are these....

https://www.thefinestautoworks.com/prod ... fiberglass

However, At $950 a set plus $180 shipping then VAT plus import charges etc I just don't want to pay it.

Anything similar in the UK? The car already has a full wide arch abflug kit fitted. Looking for something basically the same as in the link. For under £1k.
CalMac

Re: Wide arches

Post by CalMac »

They look AWESOME 8)

But the price.. wow. It may be worth contacting Campos (Camposites) in the states to see if he'd be able to produce a small run for a group buy? I think he's supplied a few IMOC group buys of splitters etc. in the past :-k

I'd be in for a group buy, then we can be twinsies in our Liquid Gold MR2s :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I think camposites prices are just as crazy bud. Need somebody in the UK to get hold of one an copy it I think. I'm sure Camposites is making the skirts to go with these kits so I doubt he'd be up for using their desing as well :(
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Buy some. Use them as a mould and get some made up? Sell in UK at decent price. Profit?

Honestly they look sweet. Is there any off a different car that fit and get a similar outcome?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

There's 200sx (s13 shape) ones that may be useful. A guy on youtube has made a rocket bunny kit from them. Lot of work however :(
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhixv09t94

His end result is quite good.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”