SBITS - Peter Gidden

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JD

SBITS - Peter Gidden

Post by JD »

I've been waiting another year for the return of my FC commander which he was going to solder. I was going to hold out on any feedback until I received that but I think it's a lost cause. In general, my opinion of SBITS as a service is not great.

Well, Peter, if you're reading this I'd suggest to you that you've pretty much fallen out of favour with the MR2 crowd, well beyond the point that your standing is fixable by any of your usual verbal chicanery. I don't think you get it at all. Instead of really ever getting much done in the shop I would imagine you sit reading Perez Hilton and the Daily Mail celeb gossip for a good portion of the day. A maximum 6 weeks work around other jobs with mine took the best part of 2 years and in the end there were still bits and pieces for me to tidy up. Sure there were some fueling gremlins but it took well over a year just to get to that point. By the end I'd sort of just given up and thought well I'll get it back at some point but meanwhile life goes on. Every call after a certain point seemed to be dominated by a concern about any potential negative feedback or criticism that I might take to the forums, and a shaggy dog story about someone else's car, or something largely irrelevant.

I realise there are probably enough nails in Peter's MR2 coffin by now but here's another story of disappointment from a customer to whom it became all to clear that Peter is largely just a charlatan, and isn't worth the trouble. He does seem to blur the lines between business and personal and as such will probably take great offense to this but that all just seems like it's part of his system of controlling how people respond to his shortcomings.

Thanks to Rob for the nice new space-saver and spotting my flat tyre while he was there which I was subsequently able to chase Peter about.

Good points - Carol and Peter were pretty good hosts. Thanks for having me.
Last edited by JD on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
JD

Re: SBITS - Peter Gidden

Post by JD »

benjo wrote:FYI the Polly bush work that wasn't done but charged for was 8 years
Ago,I've never checked as I assume when I pay someone to do something
They will do it,and we know what assumptions do.
As for why it's all coming to light is a lot of people kept quiet because of
Peters sycophant who automatically defend him and make
Decent folk look like idiots,it was only when others said
Something I decided to speak out

Ditto. Said person abused his position as a mod to defend what he saw as personal attacks on his friend. Those were in fact opinions of services provided via a business relationship which he was not party to. I believe said person realised the error of his ways and made a peaceful exit, which is a shame really as he provided some interesting posts on IMOC for a long time.

Peter didn't even fit all of my polybushes. I never wanted to go back to SBITS once I was finally free of it so I just got him to post the ones he didn't fit.

Also didn't secure the vac hose to the boost controller so suddenly having no boost control in the middle lane of the A14 at 70mph wasn't fantastic. Tyre his boys across the way fixed still had a leak. Power steering left disconnected. A few loose nuts and bolts. He never did the alignment he promised (or it certainly didn't feel like he'd done one), and I never got the wash and wax he "does for his customers" via Deepcar Auto Bodies. After nearly 2 years he might have found time to throw that one in. There is a lot of talk about things he could do, is going to do, etc, but only the bare minimum ever gets done. I believe Peter is fundamentally lazy, and/or has problems managing his own workload/discipline. He definitely bites off more than he can proverbially chew. I got some ace work done by Dave at Deepcar via Peter.
JD

Post by JD »

androo007 wrote:Interesting to see I wasn't the only person being manipulated by Ashley in exactly the same manner.

My continuous feedback was often intercepted by him and as a result of PMs, I was made to feel I should change the content of my posts.

Well, because I've held off until now, I never was directly challenged by him but his public involvement like in the (now redacted) posts in Craig's thread was offputting really. I actually didn't drop his name because he did wipe out pretty much all the posts and I feel like he saw the error of his ways but I suppose we all know who I was talking about. I'm actually quite surprised it involved PMs as well. I don't recall you ever saying anything particularly outrageous :\
JD

Post by JD »

Well there's a surprise! Another promise to post my FC commander has been broken. Wait, I know what happened; his dog ate it. I'm not angry, Peter. I'm just disappointed. I know there's a certain amount of resentment and disregard for us poor little MR2 owners who have caused you so much aggravation, and you'd much rather be working on Noble M600s, but if you could find time to pull yourself away from those bikini pics of Colleen and the insightful fashion commentary from Ladies' Day at Newmarket, you might see fit to actually post the bits and pieces of my hand commander back to me at the address I gave you.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Awaiting reply from Sbits.

No other member to post. OP and Trader only.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
JD

Post by JD »

I got a voicemail requesting I call him. I'm not going to call you Peter. Either return my property or leave me alone.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Got your text message requesting me to return HC whilst i was away. I replied saying would be away for a week, but would deal with on return.

I admit to forgetting about it totally when i got back.

Called you a couple of weeks later and left you a message to call me. A guy who works for the electrical contractor on my industrial estate said he could fully repair but was going to charge you £30.

You decided not to return my call, so no repair done.

Apologies for delay in dealing with, but calling me back would have resulted in your HC up and running, and back within a few days. Deciding to ignore my call and posting here (when you've only made a simple request, and not approached me with an issue) has resulted in nothing.

Anyway, i've got it back from him and it'll be in the post tomorrow.
JD

Post by JD »

It's been over a year since I got the car back from you, Peter. All you had to do as I had requested before was just post my property back to me. I really don't care so much now because if not receiving it means that this is all over and done then I concede.
JD

Post by JD »

Peter has posted the FC Commander back to me via Special Delivery (arriving yesterday) with a cable and a printed reference sheet as to which wire contacts which pad on the PCB. That is appreciated. Thanks.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

AT LAST! :cheers:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “Trader Feedback”