[FINALIZED] Work Emotion T7R 17" Alloys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr Yoshi

Work Emotion T7R 17" Alloys

Post by Mr Yoshi »

17” Work Emotion T7R’s

Front: 8j ET32, with Bridgestone Potenza S001 215/40- nearly new tyres (see photos).

Rear: 9j ET38, with Bridgestone Potenza S001 245/40 – nearly new tyres (see photos).

The offsets are ET32,38 - great fitment for the MR2, particularly as they’re a recommended offset to accommodate coilovers with 17” 8j and 9j widths. These alloys really are a fantastic finish/colour, which the photos don’t do justice. They’re much better in the metal. I wouldn’t be changing these alloys if it wasn’t for the fact I managed to get hold of some Advan SA3r’s, which have always been my preferred alloy wheel for the 2.

Included in the sale:

The alloys come with six centre caps. Two of the centre caps are raised for the rear alloys, to give extra clearance from the axel bolt. However, they do not fit over the axel bolt with the standard ET38. I ran the rears with 5mm spacers and extended wheel bolts, which meant the rear centre caps fitted perfectly. However, with the ET reduced to ET33 the rear tyres caught the wheel arches very slightly with the stock suspension. I was planning to have the rear arches rolled, or see how I got on with coilovers fitted. As mentioned, the option is there to run the rears at ET38 without the centre caps and without spacers, or extend wheel bolts. The front centre caps fit perfectly with ET32, without the need for spacers. I have two spare centre caps that are boxed and have never been used. One individual centre cap cost £25 new (Driftworks).

I had two custom alloy spigot rings made for the rears that aren’t tapered. This was to ensure the rings engage the lip of the hub properly with the use of spacers. There are two standard plastic spigot rings for the fronts.

They come with Black Work locking nuts which cost £75 new (Driftworks), still in original pack.

The alloys are in great condition, as the photos show. The sticker on the inside of the wheels gives the manufacture date, so you can see they are relatively new wheels and confirm the specs. There is some slight kerbing on the front passengers side alloy, shown in the photos.

£500 – pick up only.
Last edited by Mr Yoshi on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
dylan5084

Re: [FINALIZED] Work Emotion T7R 17" Alloys

Post by dylan5084 »

Oooo nice.... You sure they fit with coils, I've got meister-r ones fitted and had to get rid of a set of 8j wide wheels... I'm very interested just waiting on a cheque coming through, I think I'd need to try them on ma car before I'd be completely happy parting with the coin. If you've still got them when I get my cheque I'll be through... As long as your sure they won't scrub?
headrushuk

hi

Post by headrushuk »

PM
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

PM replied to.
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

dylan5084 - I can give you an accurate answer, as I ran these for a short while with MeisterR GT1's, when I had them fitted and the ZetaR have the same clearance. I have a thread running in the Mods section as I think it's possible to run at ET32 and I'm asking for guidance at running this ET with my Advans - but I understand there's only a couple of mm clearance between tyre/coilover seat, so haven't risked it.

Therefore, on my Advans I'm currently running at ET30 - so would recommend a 2mm spacer on the fronts with the Works to be certain of good fitment with MeisterR coilovers.

The rears are fine with ET38, but the centre cap won't fit. Therefore, there's the option to fit a 5mm spacer, but you have to be aware they'll probably catch the arches slightly and you'll need longer studs and possibly an arch roll - but they will look better for being pushed out the arches that few mm imo.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Mr Yoshi on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Front fitment will depend on how you've set your front camber. As well as adjustment at the top mount, you also have some adjustment at the hub.
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

Thanks lads... Cheers for the input :thumleft:
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

H&R have a 5mm spacer that come with extended wheel studs for around £46, which I used on the rear.
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

Now for sale on ebay.
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

Starting bid now £700 on ebay.
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

I never got around to selling these wheels/tyres and have been sat in my garage for far too long.

I'll be moving house this summer so really need them gone. Therefore, I've dropped the price to £500

Grab yourself a bargain!
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

I'm not sure why Photobucket isn't previewing the images? I've redone the links and still no joy. If you click on the image it seems to take you to the proper photo okay??

Does anyone know how to resolve this? ](*,)
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Yep, use imgur instead. Photobucket is terrible and doesn't allow third party hosting for free accounts anymore.
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

Thanks Gazza. I'll open an imgur account and get them sorted :thumleft:
Mr Yoshi

Post by Mr Yoshi »

Can everyone see the photos okay in the original post? I can see them on my PC, but they don’t seem to be visible on my phone/ipad? :-k
sonic1999

Post by sonic1999 »

Sure can and they look very nice set of wheels very tempted by them :-k
sonic1999

Post by sonic1999 »

Just wondering A will they fit my stock rev 5 and B will they suit it as my standard wheels are mint but do like the idea of 17 inch wheels what's folks opinion ? Oh my car is super red
spencerc

Post by spencerc »

sonic1999 wrote:Just wondering A will they fit my stock rev 5 and B will they suit it as my standard wheels are mint but do like the idea of 17 inch wheels what's folks opinion ? Oh my car is super red

i was thinking the same thing for my stock suspension on my rev3
sonic1999

Post by sonic1999 »

Can hope some one will know and let us know :thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was decker2

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”