[Mk2] [Turbo] FRONT FOG LIGHT BULB???

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

manuelk1

[Mk2] [Turbo] FRONT FOG LIGHT BULB???

Post by manuelk1 »

Been searching for a long time trying to find out what type of bulb it is to replace the front fog light bulb. Anyone help? :thumleft:
Pauln

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] FRONT FOG LIGHT BULB???

Post by Pauln »

JDM Steering fogs take an H3c lamp which has two connectors on the rear.

The more common H3 lamp, which I believe is fitted to UK n/a models, only has one connector on the rear.

I'm afraid I don't know if non steering JDM fogs use the H3c or the H3.

Paul
manuelk1

Post by manuelk1 »

Thanks for the response buddy. I think the best thing to do is take the fog light out and have a look for myself so I order the right one :thumleft:
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

If you've not taken them off before the screws can be real pain to remove and you may have to resort to drilling them out, being careful not to damage the plastic housing.

I replaced the screws with alan bolts on mine to make life a bit easier in future. Which was just as well. When I recently fitted night breaker bulbs in the headlamps, it made the fogs look distinctly yellowish in comparison, so I'll be changing the lamps on the fogs soon to get a better match.

Paul
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Normal H3 bulbs will work in the steering fogs if you just add an earth wire
Then you can put the new wires lucar connector into the earth wire that was on bulb and the positive one to the H3 bulb (I forgot to take a finished result picture when I fitted the PIAA bulbs #-o )
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

JDM rev3 steering fog lights use a H3c bulb. I needed them last year and they were difficult to find so I ordered them from Toyota no problem.

If you stay with H3C bulbs, it will help the fog light beam alignment if you do the job with the steering wheel straight. If you forget to do that, when you switch on the fog lights in steering mode they will be offset to one side. (To get them straight again, put the switch in the straight ahead position, straighten the steering wheel and pull the Fog lamp fuses to reset the centred position for steering mode).

Good idea to see what is currently fitted before ordering bulbs as a previous owner may have done a mod like the one Pauln did. Highly likely will need to drill out the screws to get the fog lights out.

Return to “Electrical”