Question for the V6 boys

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gullzter

Re: Question for the V6 boys

Post by Gullzter »

Yes Yes Yes :shock:

Stunning car mate :thumleft:
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

MRV6 wrote:I'm hoping to get the latest map through soon, needs some work on the drive-ability. Then I'll find a rolling road, the problem is the rolling road I used before are not in business any more. Would have been nice to get a comparison.

What I hope you get is a 2gr but with an ECU that can take advantage of the better intake and exhaust you have. The stock ECU does the job but it's still a sienna map :(
Must be an absolute missile :)
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Moved to its new home in the forum... :wink:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

Hi guys I'm looking to get a 1mz vvti fitted to my Rev 3 this winter does anyone know if there's anyone who fits them in the London/Hertfordshire areas
2mad

Post by 2mad »

MRV6 wrote:
2mad wrote:
MRV6 wrote:

I'll pencil you in mate :wink:

I wish so much , if you ever passing milton keynes and have 5 minutes for a blast i'll show the the world famous concrete cows :lol:

Got any pics mate ?

Hmm that would be a combined 20 years worth of driving for the car :D

2gr ready to go in.

Beautiful car mate 8) .. so jelly :thumleft:
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Angpozzuto wrote:Hi guys I'm looking to get a 1mz vvti fitted to my Rev 3 this winter does anyone know if there's anyone who fits them in the London/Hertfordshire areas

Organise taking it to woodsport and get the train it's worth it paul is the v6 man
Herts66

Swap

Post by Herts66 »

Angpozzuto wrote:Hi guys I'm looking to get a 1mz vvti fitted to my Rev 3 this winter does anyone know if there's anyone who fits them in the London/Hertfordshire areas

You could try Luke at Pacific works in Dunstable, not sure he's done any, Pete at SBits did Karl's car last year but Paul at Woodsport does the most.

All three are highly regarded.
Angpozzuto

Re: Swap

Post by Angpozzuto »

Herts66 wrote:

You could try Luke at Pacific works in Dunstable, not sure he's done any, Pete at SBits did Karl's car last year but Paul at Woodsport does the most.

All three are highly regarded.

I've sent Pacific works an email a few days ago but I haven't heard back from them I'm also waiting on Peter to get back to me. I Haven't spoke to Paul at woodsport yet but that's only because he's a 4 hour drive away
Herts66

Swap

Post by Herts66 »

I would say to phone Luke and probably the same for Pete - busy guys don't always have time to check emails and forums and because they're good they're always busy!
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

Yeah I know I'm usually the same but I don't want to pester them too much as I'm not in a huge rush. No one likes it when your trying to work and everyones phoning you for something that needs doing after christmas
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Have a look on twobrutal, where you'll find build threads, advice etc and others who've completed v6 conversions

There's also Headcover -affiliate on here who completes v6 conversions too :thumleft:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Also bear in mind not only am i four hours away, but i currently have a 5 month waiting list for V6 conversions, so unlikely i would be able to help you.

Always here for help and advice though :thumleft:
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

PW@Woodsport wrote:Also bear in mind not only am i four hours away, but i currently have a 5 month waiting list for V6 conversions, so unlikely i would be able to help you.

Always here for help and advice though :thumleft:

Wow that's impressive and I thought I was busy with a 6 week lead time for my jobs

Also thanks for the offer of advice I'm sure I'll be definitely taking you up on that at some stage
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

juliankv73 wrote:Have a look on twobrutal, where you'll find build threads, advice etc and others who've completed v6 conversions

There's also Headcover -affiliate on here who completes v6 conversions too :thumleft:

That's a good shout julian id forgotten about patrick. He's listed as p chambers in the affiliates section he's in Bexhill on sea
kirk

Post by kirk »

What sort of costs are involved for a 2GR-FE swap? I'm also presuming it will be a lot heavier on fuel as well.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Sure paul will correct me but it's around 8-9 grand for a drive in drive out 2gr swap or about 5-6k for a diy swap.

No idea on a 2gr mpg but my 3vz v6 as a daily averages 27-28mpg id expect a 2gr to equal that or better but as most 2gr's are weekend toys id imagine they are used in anger when used and as such the mpg are lower
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Pretty accurate costs Chris, expensive buggers but the ultimate engine in an Mr2.
kirk

Post by kirk »

May have to remain a pipe dream for now then.

Do you take instalments? :mrgreen:
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

kirk

Post by kirk »

I spotted that also. Does seem to be missing the intake and various other things. More like a long block assembly rather than a complete unit.

One thing I have noticed is these V6's are quite low revving which is a surprise. That or it's just the speedo's out of calibration.

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”