This forum has been retired as of 22/Aug/2021. All threads are locked. Existing users cannot log in and new users cannot register.
It remains here for posterity, and so that old links still lead to content instead of an error message.
All forum threads were migrated to the new forum. Clicking to view a thread on this forum will take you to the same thread on the new forum.

Please click here to access the new forum: https://www.imoc.co.uk/
www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Knowledge Base 
 Changing dissy and rotor arm!! 
Description should be the same on all mk2's (i think)
Author jimGTS Date Fri May 20, 2005 3:18 pm Type Picture How-To

Category Engine
Views 6969
Changing dissy and rotor arm!!
should be the same on all mk2's (i think)
remove 4plugs around dissy cap, using the clips "only", dont go pulling the plugs by the leads!! (mark leads with tape like me!) best to use a flat blade screwdriver to undo the clips!!
unclip the coil as well.
use 10mm rachet for 2 bolts around the cap.
take cap off.
unscrew 2 screws holding cap on, remember what position the old one was in, and replace with new!
put dissy on, do up 2 bolts, put in plugs and coil, away you go!!

User comments 
JohnnyC: Sat May 21, 2005 4:59 pm    

Excellent how-to =D>

Not wanting to sound pedantic though, you need an 8mm rachet for the 2 bolts that hold the cap on, not 10mm, at least on a UK rev5 NA.
ANDY FINDLAY: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:25 pm    

nice one jim i used 8mm on my bolts i have a rev2 turbo dont use a screwdriver trying to get the nuts out they thread easy as i found out !
jimGTS: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:41 pm    

my mistake, obviously i must have used 8mm to get the cap off....
[Embarassed]

[Mr. Green]
Page 1 of 0 All times are GMT
Goto page  

Jump to: