how much for a de-cat?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ANDY FINDLAY

how much for a de-cat?

Post by ANDY FINDLAY »

really want to get my standard exhaust decated but dont really have a clue on the price or anything for that matter does it sound louder i have a rev2 turbo help please :oops: :?
stevel

Re: how much for a de-cat?

Post by stevel »

I think most people rate the AUSSIE down pipe/cat replacement for about £250. I know fensport http://www.fensport.co.uk sell these not
sure who else does.
The down pipe is a separate part of the exhaust. So you could still keep the stock exhaust or go the whole hog & by an after market one as well

Steve
chrisbilling

De cat downpipes

Post by chrisbilling »

Hi There,

I can supply a de cat downpipe for £175 plus P&P, please see my for sale section.

Regards,
Chris
gtschris.com

Re: how much for a de-cat?

Post by gtschris.com »

ANDY FINDLAY wrote:really want to get my standard exhaust decated but dont really have a clue on the price or anything for that matter does it sound louder i have a rev2 turbo help please :oops: :?

the cheapest option is just to take your primary car off and remove the cat then reassemble. You do get a slight increase in noise from de-cating but not alot.

Aftermarket downpipe are a better solution as they also replace the cast turbo elbow section which bolts up to the turbo housing, you get a much nicer flow out the exhaust turbine.

Here is a pic of a 304 stainless steal 3" (same size as aussie) downpipe i will be retailing on my website soon, £180 bargain :)

www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103

Return to “Mechanical”