Coolant Expansion Tank Cap

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Milothicus

Coolant Expansion Tank Cap

Post by Milothicus »

I've done some searching and found some vague information on getting this part used from a breaker.

i read in one place that the part is standard across 80's toyotas, and then that it can be found on any japanese car.

can it be found on non-toyota cars? what ages of cars should i be looking for? 20 quid from toyota seems a little steep.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Coolant Expansion Tank Cap

Post by Lauren »

You can use the corolla one. The problem you have is that because yours has perished so have many others, so it might be hard to find a good one. That said it can be done.

Thought they are around £15 from MrT? the new ones are made in a rubbery type plastic which is obviously going to fair better than the original somewhat brittle cap.
Milothicus

Re: Coolant Expansion Tank Cap

Post by Milothicus »

i called toyota and the price they gave me was between 19 and 20. can't remember the exact number. i figure i will get a new one eventually, but having just bought the car and having the MOT up in a few weeks (and having moved to the UK from Canada in september) i'd rather spend as little as possible at the moment. i'm really struggling...

Return to “Mechanical”