alloys

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mavrick1983

alloys

Post by mavrick1983 »

wondered if u could help.i have bought som new alloys for my 93mr2.i have been told i need longer studs,i have been told that i can get these to fit from a supra,do u at all know the year of supra??
cheers
craig

Re: alloys

Post by craig »

what alloys are they mate because generally alloys for a MK2 MR2 FIT an MK2 MR2 with no modifications.
mavrick1983

alloys

Post by mavrick1983 »

these are kosie alloys.
they fit on but not enough thread comes thorugh for the nut fit onto.
so i need longer bolts,have been told supra ones fit but only a certain year?
craig

Post by craig »

hmmmmmmm sorry mate don't know then. Never heard of that problem before.

Are they for an MR2 or another car that uses the same PCD?
mavrick1983

Post by mavrick1983 »

they are japanese&fit most jap cars.just need to find longer wheel nuts :(
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Hello, My department 8)

Did you not get given any nuts with the rims and do you know which Kosei wheel it actually is, Some of the older Kosei wheels have their own "special" nut that can only be used on a few of their designs.

If i'm on the right track you'll only have enough stud visable to get 1-2 turns (if your lucky) These older Kosei nuts are an alan key type with a double seat which allows the nut to go deep inside the wheel-If you look down the holes where the studs come through there should be a small ridge around 8mm deep and then the hole goes thinner (but still wider than the stud) If it is this type and you can't get hold of any, Let me know, I'm pretty sure we still have some of these in stock.

On the other hand i may be wrong so i apologize for wasting your time :wink:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Just trying to help so i hope i don't get my wrist's slapped off Admin for trying to flog summat :P

Return to “Modifications”