Got 360,now getting annoyed

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

oukie
IMOC Organiser

Got 360,now getting annoyed

Post by oukie »

Well Ive now joined the ranks of bills b1tches :lol: ,Bought a 360 elite today for the GF lol,aint played it i just set it up for her so will get back to let you all know what i think and how it compares to the ps3 :thumleft:
Last edited by oukie on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Azz

Re: Got 360,now getting annoyed

Post by Azz »

I have an Elite as well :thumleft:

And a 1080p Projector \:D/
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I wish I had a) a girlfriend and b) one who likes xbox.

Well done that man!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

You always make me chuckle Matty! :mrgreen:

Find a girl who loves consoles and you're in! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Dude, finding a girl is hard enough let alone one who likes games lol.

Most of them like hand bags and rich men.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Sorry matt gonna really make your day now cause ,
She likes ,cooking,metal,xbox,guitarhero(likes to watch me play :-k ) and sex :twisted: ,also lots of other things that i like so im well set up and she aint going no where.

Edit, she also has a penchant for Radley handbags but she also likes shoes ie new rocks and i dont mind that one bit =P~
Last edited by oukie on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Right, update been testing it for her :lol:
Love the game play on halo3,mass effect, aint played the others yet,
One thing the 360, is alot louder than the ps3 but with my new 7.1 who cares :lol:
The controller is so much better than the old xbox one so i like it on those grounds anyway and ive Gothed up the female character in mass effect oh love the black lipstick =P~
The graffics dont seem quite as good compared to say drake on ps3 but not saying it is crap she just bought another game today aswell so now she's 5 and aint played none of them yet cause she had to out to work so looks like im chief tester again today :mrgreen:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Now starting to get less impressed, GF was reading all the cr@p that you get with it and we found out that if you want the GREAT 3 year warenty you gotta pay 60 quid for it :evil:
We feel this should be free or alot cheaper considering the 360's reliability issues, I just bought a new amp and a 5 year exteneded warenty was only 25 pound :shock:
Also the batterries in the controllers are not rechargeable thats another 10 quid per controller :evil:
Still not even wireless thats another 60 squid

She is the one that wanted a 360 as she has an old xbox, But she is not impressed, Her words about the warenty were CONNING BARSTEWARDS

Also having to have the 7.1 on louder all the time just cover the noise of the cooling fans is starting to wear thin. :twisted: :mad:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

lol good old xbox......
i wanna meet ur gf :lol: =P~ =P~
andyc1988

Post by andyc1988 »

yer gotta say the 360 fans do sound like a helicopter in apocalypse now when running!

Ive tried a few things to quiet it down but I can still hear it! you should have got a second hand 360 saw one advertised for 95 quid the other day! :shock:
loads of bargins for it if you look :) and as for buying extras what did you expect from microsoft :lol: everything with them is an extra at an extra price! ](*,)
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

oukie wrote:Now starting to get less impressed, GF was reading all the cr@p that you get with it and we found out that if you want the GREAT 3 year warenty you gotta pay 60 quid for it :evil:
We feel this should be free or alot cheaper considering the 360's reliability issues, I just bought a new amp and a 5 year exteneded warenty was only 25 pound :shock:
Also the batterries in the controllers are not rechargeable thats another 10 quid per controller :evil:

She is the one that wanted a 360 as she has an old xbox, But she is not impressed, Her words about the warenty were CONNING BARSTEWARDS

Also having to have the 7.1 on louder all the time just cover the noise of the cooling fans is starting to wear thin. :twisted: :mad:

no you dont AT all. the 3 year warranty is free but only applies if you get the red ring of death fault. thats the only thing that goes wrong tho so you ARE covered.

as for the batteries, thats the same for any wirless device and play and charge kits (which last 25 hours+) can be bought for less than a tenner.

atleast it comes HD out of the box.
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

oukie wrote:Now starting to get less impressed, GF was reading all the cr@p that you get with it and we found out that if you want the GREAT 3 year warenty you gotta pay 60 quid for it :evil:

The early 360 were/are all covered with a 3 year warranty on the "red ring of death" but nowt else. If the DVD drive fails, thats your lot. I agree though 60 for a warranty on a 200 quid product is steep.

The battery thing is a six of one half a dozen of another situation. Granted you have to fork out on top of the again, but at least you can replace it yourself once its worn out. The PS3 ones, as I understand it have to be sent back to the Sony for replacement. You just know that's not going to be a cheap job. You can get rechargeable battery packs for a lot less on ebay.

The loud noise you hear is from the DVD drive I would think, well thats what makes the noise on mine.

I would have though the elites would be better than that, to be honest. I have recently bought arcade which is nearly silent.

Was the elite you bought new or not? I'm just wondering if its the earlier chipset, rather than the newer "falcon" which is designed to run cooler.
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

I believe the newer run of Xbox's (started with Elites & Halo 3 Limited Edition Consoles) have the Falcon chipset which uses a 65nm chip so it runs cooler and therefore doensn't need the old noisy fan. You may have got a console from an old batch if you say its noisy.

If on the other hand you have a Falcon series then there is no need to worry about the red rings.

I've just bought a Halo 3 Limited Edition Console and am one of the unllucky few who got a non Falcon brick :lol:

To identify a Falcon, I believe you have to either look inside the console OR look on the box (packaging) and there is a sticker with a few barcodes on and a CE label. There's 3 things to look for on this sticker;

1) TEAM: FDOU [Anything else isn't a falcon]

2) LOT NO: 742 (and onwards or its non falcon)

3) 175W (power consumption, shown above the "FOR DISTRIBUTION IN EN/FR/DE/IT UK")

**Edit** just seen the chap above had already mentioned Falcon.
Last edited by The-Shield on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

The-Shield wrote:I believe the newer run of Xbox's (started with Elites & Halo 3 Limited Edition Consoles) have the Falcon chipset which uses a 65nm chip so it runs cooler and therefore doensn't need the old noisy fan. You may have got a console from an old batch if you say its noisy.

If on the other hand you have a Falcon series then there is no need to worry about the red rings.

I've just bought a Halo 3 Limited Edition Console and am one of the unllucky few who got a non Falcon brick :lol:

**Edit** just seen the chap above had already mentioned Falcon.

Easy way to tell if you have a falcon or not is look on the outside of the box and look at the serial number barcode. It will have the power consumption in watts written on it. Falcons are 175 watt when the older stuff is higher.
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

haha lol just edited my post to include that as you were typing lol :lol:

With that said, I've read some of the very earliest falcons were also 203w...
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

The-Shield wrote:haha lol just edited my post to include that as you were typing lol :lol:

With that said, I've read some of the very earliest falcons were also 203w...

I didn't know that.

If it has 175 though, it can't be anything else :thumleft:
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

Yeah, thats true. :thumleft:

Think I might have a go on GRAW2 now on my noisy green & orange brick :lol:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Bought brand new and it has a date of manufacture 2007,11,5 and also it is 175watts but i still think it is noisey, so it was made only 9 weeks ago and that was in china so it then had to get shipped here so very young then,

I think it is quieter than the old 360's as my nephew had one before it melted lol,Maybe its just that im used to the ps3 :whistle: ,

Still had really good laugh with the GF with scene it earlier today
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

the ps3 really is silent tho, i had mine about 2ft awey from me when i first got it, i turned it on to do something on it but then stayed on the pc for a little bit, 3 hours later i realised it was still on :? just couldnt hear it lol
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

H3RB ,you can forget about meeting my GF :evil:

Just kidding :lol: By the way im 6'2" built like a tank and have 12"

Long phone list of mates who will beat you up :lol:

Return to “Games Consoles”