JAE 2008?

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pkmr2

JAE 2008?

Post by pkmr2 »

Sorry if this has already been discussed but do any of you guys know what
the dates for JAE 2008 are i'm trying to book my summer holiday and don't want my dates to clash!

Many thanks Pete.
redmk1

Re: JAE 2008?

Post by redmk1 »

i'd be interested to because im getting married on the 26th july,so hopefully its not that weekend :-k
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

redmk1 wrote:i'd be interested to because im getting married on the 26th july,so hopefully its not that weekend :-k

If it is that weekend convince her that its a good venue to get married at....we can all honk our horns for you. :oldtongue:
michael

Post by michael »

It doesn't seen to be happening and lots of clubs are looking at alternatives:

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/in ... c=719&st=0
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Oh... I was looking forward to my first JAE this year :(
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

I can't believe Claire didn't book the slot for 2008 again sraight after the last JAE, as now it is already booked up.

If JAE dosen't go ahead, then i'm sure that a lot of clubs will get together to make thier own 'show'

Also there is the old billing show to think about. i s'pose i will look and see it there is any info on this.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

mr2mk1chick wrote:I can't believe Claire didn't book the slot for 2008 again sraight after the last JAE, as now it is already booked up.

If JAE dosen't go ahead, then i'm sure that a lot of clubs will get together to make thier own 'show'

Also there is the old billing show to think about. i s'pose i will look and see it there is any info on this.

I heard a lot of rumours about JAE not being allowed back at the EOE showground due ot the chaos it always causes. the torn up grass, the general mess etc. So it may be they were not allowed to book it up.

Would love to go back to Billing - I miss the trees!
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
michael

Post by michael »

Tiamat wrote:
Would love to go back to Billing - I miss the trees!

Likewise, it felt like a little holiday.

They said it wasn't big enough yet whenever we were there they also had at least one other show on at the same time - yes it got busy when it came to leaving but so what?

Billing with prebooked tickets in limited numbers please.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Just checked the JAE forums and a member there has contacted Claire and apparently the dates will be at the end of July. A statement is due soon.
michael

Post by michael »

Any clues on the venue?

Faith '08 has the Showground for the end of July.
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

ScottBarton wrote:Just checked the JAE forums and a member there has contacted Claire and apparently the dates will be at the end of July. A statement is due soon.

get them to do it 1st week in july :whistle:
michael

Post by michael »

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/in ... ic=722&hl=

For the last few years Claire an I have been running JAE and in that time we have seen it grow whilst still retain the spirit and of what the event is all about. Throughout the years the event has become a bigger and bigger thing to manage and I for one have never taken a penny in profit from the event. Similarly Claire has only ever taken money to cover her costs in all that time. Yes it is a big event and yes there are a lot of people, but this kind of thing costs a lot of money to put on.

After being backed into a corner last year by the showground we decided to look at how we could keep the event alive and make it even better. As a result of some discussions a company came forward to take the show over and run it professionally. For months we have been in discussions with them and recently they have stopped returning our calls despite giving us a verbal assurance and a handshake on taking over the event. Now it seems they may not have been honest to their word, which saddens me greatly and Claire too. To further add to the pain one company is even promoting the fact that JAE is no longer!!!!!

As it is today both Claire and I feel very let down and, to make matters worse, the venue have now decided they don't want the event to continue. Right now I am trying to find a new venue and am looking for people to really take on the spirit of JAE and make it the people's event that it always has been and always will be.

If you have any ideas or can help - in ANY way - then I would love to hear from you. I can't speak for Claire but the wind is completely blown from my sails right now. JAE will continue and I personally will work to make sure it happens in 2008.

If you can help or want to offer your support please let me know.

Thank you and most sincerest of apologies for not keeping everyone up to speed with progress.

Thank you
John

and...

I can only reiterate what John has said in his post. I am totally gutted and feel that I've let people down by one my lack of communications about this current situation that we find outselves in. For the doubters who have listened to rumors as to reasons JAE isn't on...well if I may I would like to put some things straight. Neither John nor I have made a profit on JAE. We have both remortgaged our homes in order to bring JAE to Peterborough in 2006 & 2007.

I'm stepping down from organising JAE because last year my daughter was diagnosed with a rare disease and we raised money last year for the Royal Marsden Hospital, childrens unit for toys which was a great success and I thank everyone whom took part from the bottom of our hearts. John has taken JAE on by the horns now and I will always be supportive of this event, sadly though my personal circumstances says that I can not continue as an organiser which saddens me and haven't been able to put into words what has happened in the last few months.

JAE 2008 WILL happen and your continuing support and JAE spirit will continue for ever!

Thank you
Claire
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Great - basically no JAE then :roll:
michael

Post by michael »

mr2mk1chick wrote:Great - basically no JAE then :roll:

I guess you missed the "JAE 2008 WILL happen" bit?

Unless a suitable location isn't found of course...
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

From what i can gather JAE 2008 WILL definately happen, at the moment they are looking for an alternative site in central U.K. Myself & scott Barton are logged in as members so should receive any announcments that they make regarding the location, dates etc, personally i think that there are too many people who are involved with all the past JAE's for it not to happen again, i agree Billing would be a great place to go back to ( As Malc loves the tree's Ahhh :mrgreen: ), but if, & its a big if JAE doesnt go ahead its important that IMOC, ROC & the MK1 club have a national rally of some kind even if it means pulling resources together, anyway if i hear of anything i'll post it, cheers, Jinxy
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

michael wrote:
mr2mk1chick wrote:Great - basically no JAE then :roll:

I guess you missed the "JAE 2008 WILL happen" bit?

Unless a suitable location isn't found of course...

I saw that bit, but don't believe it till it happens.
And based on the poor organisation of most JAE's i won't hold my breath.
sorry to be negative, but on the show organising side of things (joint with IMOC) i was not too impressed (poor communication etc)

Also, it will be a hard task to get a venue large enough at this late stage. most big venues get booked the year previously.
Tony jinxy froude

I agree Jo, just keeping fingers crossed 8-[ but i do think we as a joint club should organise something if it doesnt go ahead, i know a lot of people who base their holidays around JAE & in some cases its the only time they come to a meet, it would also be a huge blow to the club if we didnt :-k , Jinxy
anna

Post by anna »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:I agree Jo, just keeping fingers crossed 8-[ but i do think we as a joint club should organise something if it doesnt go ahead, i know a lot of people who base their holidays around JAE & in some cases its the only time they come to a meet, it would also be a huge blow to the club if we didnt :-k , Jinxy

How big is your backgarden Jinxy? :D
GO60 - Gaydon to Singapore Overland www.go60sharing.co.uk
Off soon! Follow my personal blog at http://go60.blogspot.com
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:I agree Jo, just keeping fingers crossed 8-[ but i do think we as a joint club should organise something if it doesnt go ahead, i know a lot of people who base their holidays around JAE & in some cases its the only time they come to a meet, it would also be a huge blow to the club if we didnt :-k , Jinxy

sounds good! Missed out on JAE last year due to being on holiday, and due to a friends commitments, it looked like i was going to miss this one. will keep watching for developments.

If we do try and organsie a interclub meet i am more than happy to helkp where possible :thumleft:
Tony jinxy froude

anna wrote:

How big is your backgarden Jinxy? :D

:lol: :lol: Not big enough Anna, in fact ive known bigger windowboxes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :clown:

Return to “Events Discussion”