MR2 Vs MR2?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Had a play with another MR2 or Other car on the road

Poll ended at Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:30 pm

Other
100%

Total votes: 3

craig

MR2 Vs MR2?

Post by craig »

I was just reading the VS section and was just thinking.....all though I have read a lot of the VS posts.........I can't remember an MR2 Vs MR2 post :?

Has nobody had a play with another MR2? or is it just me :?:
PW@Woodsport

Re: MR2 Vs MR2?

Post by PW@Woodsport »

dont you remember my mk1 turbo v mk2 turbo thread? remembering my car (now sold,sniff) going wap tish past many a mk2 still makes me smile :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

ive put mine against geof gorners a few times, through to 3rd gear theres not an inch in it, then mine takes off like a rocket and leaves his standing (his on nitrous!!). But then he's blown his up so no more playing for a while. The results are to be expected given the two very different specs but its very odd that until about 70 mph theres nothing in it?
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

ive only had i race against another MR2 and it went like this.

I floored it out of a roundabout on a dual carraigeway and this MR2 pi$$ed all over me.

The MR2 was Mark Edwards. I thought mine was quite quick, but unless youve got a bigger turbo dont bother. :D :D
craig

Post by craig »

Sorry Paul. Don't remember that thread! :oops:

Nice one fizzy. I do however remember the thread of Geoff's MR2 blowing up!
craig

Post by craig »

Yeah I know what you mean mate. I saw Mark Edwards down the Pod!!

One fast '2 :shock:
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

not long after getting mine a kid in a mk2 na tried it on against mine
needless to say i waved bye as i left him he did look a bit shocked :twisted:
craig

Post by craig »

Nice work Pete! :twisted:
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

i've had a MK1 vs MKII turbo but the race lasted less time that it takes to say 'xxxx that's quick' :)

so i got a MKII :D

Mark Edwards car is a very tidy car indeedy, also Mike JC's is pretty damn rapid too!

best MR2 Versus has to be us lot leaving the witham RR day to go to the halfway house meet, lots of MR2 turbo's playing taking it turns overtaking each other + a veilside supra ;)
even more funny was they were all following me there in my MK1! :lol:
michael

Post by michael »

A MK1 tried it on with me a month or so ago, he didn't do too well, it wasn't worthy of a post :)
pecky

Post by pecky »

i found found a mk2 n/a trying to race a few times round my local town but being a turbo i left him standing lol

pecky wrote:i found found a mk2 n/a trying to race a few times round my local town but being a turbo i left him standing lol

hehe i've floored it with a few MKII N/A and i like the way the turbo and NA are kinda neck and neck till the turbo comes in then wooosh it's gone :D
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Back in the day when I owned a UK N/A (rev 1), I had a brilliant twenty minute 'race' with a near-identical MR2 around the country lanes of Kent. My car was totally standard, and I guess so was the other one as we were perfectly matched. Thing is, I didn't know the roads at all, and thus when we finally broke off the chase, I was utterly lost in the middle of nowhere.

The second time was when I sold my N/A to a mate, and bought my first tubby - a black Rev 2 GT-S. We used to go driving together (in our respective MR2s) just for the hell of it, and would often have mini battles. Of course, my tubby whipped the N/A's backside every time, but it was great fun! Seeing people's reaction to having a black MR2 and then a white MR2 blast past them was brilliant.

Of course, that was all done in my younger years ( :) ), and I'm far more responsible and sensible now. :D
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

don't lie nige
no one grows up when they get in there mr2 all of a sudden your a kid again 8)

but nice looking mr2 BTW
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Aye Chris that was quite good fun. If anyone's interested I still have the photo's of that little run down the A12/A127 on my website gallery at http://www.blackbeast.co.uk - I think you have to register to view them but it only takes a second and you won't get bombarded with spam.

Rhys- wrote:Aye Chris that was quite good fun. If anyone's interested I still have the photo's of that little run down the A12/A127 on my website gallery at http://www.blackbeast.co.uk - I think you have to register to view them but it only takes a second and you won't get bombarded with spam.

ah yes i forgot also my run with you Rhys on the way to the RR where my little MK1 was losing your turbo down the backroads! :D

i been down them backroads in my MKII and still can't take the corners at the kinda speed my MK1 did!
you'd fly up behind in no time on the straights mind! it was only as i hit the twists i got any advantage hehe

will book the RR day again probably for this month/early feb by the way
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

pistol supercharged pete wrote:don't lie nige
no one grows up when they get in there mr2 all of a sudden your a kid again 8)

but nice looking mr2 BTW

I'm serious! In fact, I've got a bit of a reputation for doing no more than 70mph on the motorway. At 17 or 18 years old, though, I'd try and max the car's top speed on the motorway, but I guess now I'm wary of killing myself/passengers/someone else or just losing my licence. :)
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by craig »

I know what your saying mate!
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

The Morris wrote:ive only had i race against another MR2 and it went like this.

I floored it out of a roundabout on a dual carraigeway and this MR2 pi$$ed all over me.

The MR2 was Mark Edwards. I thought mine was quite quick, but unless youve got a bigger turbo dont bother. :D :D

I was going to say about that but you've already beaten me to it. :twisted:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

RedMR² wrote:Yeah I know what you mean mate. I saw Mark Edwards down the Pod!!

One fast '2 :shock:

:oops: :oops: :oops: Why thank you, Just wait for feb 19th though! :evil:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs

Return to “Driving Experiences”