A section for trackdays and racing?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

A section for trackdays and racing?

Post by Lauren »

What with all the hassles of trying to push trackdays (and believe me they seem to take a lot of pushing) I think it would be a good idea to have a trackday/motorsport section, particularly so with the MR2 Challenge gaining momentum next year.

I think it is important to try and keep the profile of trackdays up. Also it would be nice if some IMOC members might think about attending some of the races as spectators etc.

I would suggest a heading of: "Motorsport"

Comments please!
poyntesm

Re: A section for trackdays and racing?

Post by poyntesm »

Lauren wrote:What with all the hassles of trying to push trackdays (and believe me they seem to take a lot of pushing) I think it would be a good idea to have a trackday/motorsport section, particularly so with the MR2 Challenge gaining momentum next year.

I think it is important to try and keep the profile of trackdays up. Also it would be nice if some IMOC members might think about attending some of the races as spectators etc.

Comments please!

Done. Also Lauren I have added you as a Site Moderator since you are part of IMOC-UK-Admin.

Regards
Esmond

Post by Guest »

Lauren wrote:What with all the hassles of trying to push trackdays (and believe me they seem to take a lot of pushing) I think it would be a good idea to have a trackday/motorsport section, particularly so with the MR2 Challenge gaining momentum next year.

Comments please!

erm
jonno

Post by jonno »

So whens the next trackday then?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Cheers Esmond. :)
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

jonno wrote:So whens the next trackday then?

Could be possibly Anglesey or the Irish weekend i've been keeping quiet about that me and a few others are trying to organise with the help of the local club over here.

All depends on when I clarify how many would be interested in coming over here for the weekend to do Mondello park. I know you (Jonno), Ben and Lauren I think expressed an interest in coming over to make a weekend out of it. It will be an MR2 trackday open to all MR2 owners rather than excluding a particular club and we may even see the MX5OC out on track as well if we can't get enough MR2 owners but i'm being optimistic for the moment!!

It's still in the very early stages mind so there has to be a few things confirmed still but I reckon say a ferry trip over on a Friday evening for you lot, stay at a local hotel that I can reserve for you guys so that we have somewhere to go back to afterwards and maybe a trip to a local club/pub since there's a pretty good nightlife over here.

Anyway, sorry for the short story but you asked!!!

Cheers
Pete

PS Maybe someone should move this thread to the Motorsport section?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”