NA passing off as tubbys???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

NA passing off as tubbys???

Post by jimGTS »

now, ive got some for and against on this subject!!
i HATE the little chavs who now have these mk11 mr2s. and claim they have a powerful turbo model. when they clearly dont. ive even seen a couple of 2s near me (driven by chavs), one has turbo side decals, expensive they are, but, the engine lid is flat, the rear says GTi 16, as well as 911 turbo badges to try and pass off its a turbo. one was a petrol station near me, i thought id say hi and ask what he had!! "TUURBOO" he said, i said really, same as me! (they soon shut up). i loked at the dash for the turbo dial, nope! all interior instructions were in english, so, clearly not an import. this one had no spolier, so i can only asume it was the 119bhp one! what a MUPPET i thought!

now on the other hand, you lot are different, as some of you peeps have done conversions (and prob keep the bodywork standard so you catch out the tubby owner when you give it a bit of a boot,lol)

i hate these little gimps that think theyll own you!
as well as the mr2 ferrari gimps (only the ones that say its a ferrari and have all the badges)

RANT OVER!.
DannyW

Re: NA passing off as tubbys???

Post by DannyW »

i agree with you jim, ive met gimps who say they've got turbos and clearly havent. when mine was an N/A i must admit one of the first mods i did was to get the turbo engine cover purely because it looks nicer IMO but at least i have now got the proper engine underneath it as well! :twisted:

Cheers!
DannyW
Pete

Post by Pete »

You should have given 'em a bit of a taste of a real turbo!

'See if you can keep up with me mate' Niiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmm :D

Or ask em if they have the 'twin turbo' model with factory fitted NOS - which i'm sure they'll say yes to!!! :wink:
Dale V

Post by Dale V »

:lol: That does my head in when people talk about the "twin turbo MR2" :roll:
Pete

Post by Pete »

'they are always in autotrader though' :roll: :roll: Doh!!
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Dont encourage the chavs. Just leave em well alone! All we need is for some one to show what a real turbo can do. Then they'll get one and drive them like the pr1ck5 they are giving the rest of us tubby drivers a bad name. Plus it wont be long before they kill off the car when they get caught out by the snap back!
Veilside Turbo

Post by Veilside Turbo »

I can't understand why anyone would want to pretend they have a turbo model anyway. The N/A is a good car and quite a nippy motor! They will get found out if the Trev's have a race at the local cruise. :shock:
tomo

Post by tomo »

Mines an N/A, but i wouldn't suggest any different, as you say, if it came to a race with a turbo i'd be F*!ked! Would like to have the dollar to do a conversion mind. As for Chavs, don't know if any of you guys can get the radio station Galaxy 105, but they're running a "CHAVITY" appeal to save a chav this crimbo!! LOL
Taz007

Post by Taz007 »

lolll - while we are on the topic of wannabees! another thing i hate is beemer drivers that have M badges on their 3 series motor when it aint even an m3! ive seen so many with em on

theres a modded calibra round my town - its really nice an all but he goes n puts an M badge on his car WTF!!!!

well wotever floats yer boat i guess
tomo

Post by tomo »

Like this chavtastic beemer!!

:D :D :D
Taz007

Post by Taz007 »

dear me! that is ruined! it coulda been good untill the tack brush was brought out! :roll:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

I bumped into a young dude in a new silver/blue Alfa, 3.0l 24v V6 little 2seater jobby. Pull up to some lights and he beckons me to talk, I roll the window down with a smug grin :D and he says 'How much power's that putting out?' so I say 'oh, about 270/280'. Nothing. 'Its only a little 2litre though mate!' I say, 'Yeah, but its a twin turbo though innit?'. 'er, no mate, single turbo though, innit!'. :P
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

Used to get them with my old car too. A Saxo or some other chav-chariot would pull up next to my pulsar giving me the thumbs up just cos he's got a 'pulsar' vent double-sided taped to his bonnet! :roll:

Dunc
Taz007

Post by Taz007 »

Dunc wrote:chav-chariot

pmsl fuk sake ahahha
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

lol :lol:
I knew it was bad, but I only just realised that they've chopped into the rear bumper to write M and Motorsport! lol hahahahahahahaha :lol:

Is the door open or do you think its just a great fit :? :P
gareth

bemer

Post by gareth »

tomo wrote:Like this chavtastic beemer!!

:D :D :D

I'm sure it was that which tried to race me when I was driving me old mans 93 aero hot. he got wasted.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

My own car started life as a UK spec 2.0 N/A, Rev3. Accept for the wheels, lowering and clear corners, you would still think it was indeed the N/A. The game is up though when you walk around to the back and see the Blitz Nur-Spec and then have a peek through the window to see all manner of gadgets from Defi gauges, Blitz EBC, T-timer, Power FC etc :D The word stealth springs to mind :lol:

Mikejc
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Anyone looked at the wheels? ... his tyres are waaaaay too narrow to fit properly....

... and is that an ST205 spoiler?
tomo

Post by tomo »

Hard to tell, it's like someone was carying a box of cheaps mods, tripped up and they all landed on the car. LOL... proper nasty, mind you, there's loads of chavvy motors like that in and around mansfield.
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

turbo "look a likes" give the tubby a bad name when they get beat in a race! the MR2's got to struggle enough with its hairdress image due to some gimp at toyota Uk deciding the turbo model was not suitable for Uk sale :x
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”