first "real" driving experience Vs Supra!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
No votes
Just having a laugh
60%
Stupid
40%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
No votes

Total votes: 5

jimGTS

first "real" driving experience Vs Supra!

Post by jimGTS »

i cant be sure of the spec of the supra, but it had a massive, i say 6inch exhaust. i didnt hear a dump valve, so not sure if it was a TT, (but it might have a recirc like the mr2??).
Its the "only" car ive gunned it with i couldnt keep with. this was infact my first "wanted" Vs, as i love the supra, and loved to see how i compare. had a very close battle with an GTO TT and kept my own, so i can only asume the supra was a TT or highly tuned NA (mind you, what are the specs of an NA)
was evens in 1st and 2nd, but third and forth and he was pulling away quite sharpish. id say around 3 cars lenths at the end of 3rd gear (and still getting away)!
first time ive lost, and it couldnt have been against a better car.
what other models and specs could this supra be???

had a few blasts up the dualcarriage way and slowing for various roundabouts. think this is where i could catch up a bit.

sorry if i offend anyone, but this is the first time ive put my car to the real test!
BLOODUK

Re: first "real" driving experience Vs Supra!

Post by BLOODUK »

lol jim how many more races you going to have :mrgreen:
Raf

Post by Raf »

Most probably a TT; I have an NA and its nowhere near as quick as my Tubby. Both are stock bar BPU's. (although the supra has the limiter still on; it can reach its limits in 3rd gear :? )

Next car would most definatley be a Supra TT... without a limiter :twisted:
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

TT... these cars have massive amounts of mid-range pulling power. There'll not be much in it off the line between the MR2-T and the TT, on paper its around 0.5-0.8 seconds depending on the revision of the MR2 and whether its an auto or 6speed TT (an auto TT will consistently change up better though!) ... but the TT will just pull away more and more.

They're really easy to drive fast, the auto even more so.
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

yeah the mate has a TT auto with a BPU and i can consistantly sit right with him to about 100mph and then the big bus just starts to pull away.So i would be quite happy with your cars effort as it sounds very much like a TT you came up against.
Gazboy

Post by Gazboy »

When I first bought my (stock) jdm auto TT, I thought the MR2T would be all over it until 80ish. Then after doing a trackday at Brunters against the same cars, decided that my (modified) MR2 would murder it to 60, beat it to the ton, then the Big Supe would leave it for dead.

Having said that, my fastest trap at brunters (1.5 miles or thereabouts) for the MRT was 150mph. The Supe managed 149mph, but to be fair we were using the taxiway and the corner before the straight, and the MR2 was going around that corner 20mph quicker than the Supe, and could get on the power earlier and harder (80 @ apex vs 60).
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

tar peeps, didnt expect a slating as everyone loves the supra, lol!
your right there to patrick, i was with it up to the ton in 3rd, then game over, i was never gona catch him. (at the ton mark, he had the 3 car gap).

i was pretty proud (not of the speeds, but of the little dual, lol)!

still tho, got apexi induction, grainger, boost gauge and fcd to install asap!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

BLOODUK wrote:lol jim how many more races you going to have :mrgreen:

hey, they come looking for me! :mrgreen:
michael

Post by michael »

I'm not sure if you'll be able to view this thread but I've asked on the Supra forum to see if I can find out the spec for you:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=436905
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

michael wrote:I'm not sure if you'll be able to view this thread but I've asked on the Supra forum to see if I can find out the spec for you:

think the car was bought from autoworld as it had a small gold sticker on the back (saying autoworld), and it had a funny straight spoiler, hard to explain.
the car was silver, had a bit of a bodykit, and big rims.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

michael wrote:I'm not sure if you'll be able to view this thread but I've asked on the Supra forum to see if I can find out the spec for you:

cant access it mate? ive signed up, but still cant see the page!
michael

Post by michael »

It might be one of the sections where you have to be a paid up member to view it but I didn't think it was.... no replies anyway, I'll keep you updated :)
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

The NA is 225bhp, IIRC... a little more from the later VVT enabled engines (supposedly +15bhp). 0-60 in just over 6 seconds. Top speed of between 140-150mph... and, surprisingly... hardly any better mpg than the TT.
Gazboy

Post by Gazboy »

michael wrote:It might be one of the sections where you have to be a paid up member to view it but I didn't think it was.... no replies anyway, I'll keep you updated :)

You gotta be paid up.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

MegatronUK wrote:The NA is 225bhp, IIRC... a little more from the later VVT enabled engines (supposedly +15bhp). 0-60 in just over 6 seconds. Top speed of between 140-150mph... and, surprisingly... hardly any better mpg than the TT.

mmm, so it could of been an NA!
similar specs to a rev2 tubby anyway.

Return to “Driving Experiences”