Speedo De-Limiting & Mileage Adjustment

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kezza_2Turbo

Speedo De-Limiting & Mileage Adjustment

Post by Kezza_2Turbo »

Hey guys/gals,

I'm starting work on my new Tubby (second one so far!) and need your help.

Some cheeky chappy has put a MPH sticker over the KPH sign on the speedo but not actually converted the car to read in Miles so I need someone to do this who can also convert the mileage to the actual mileage rather than km's

My new Tubby is a 91 so its a mechanical rather than electronic speedo and I live in Kent, so if anyone can recommend someone who can convert it for me, ideally locally, I would be MOST grateful!!
GT Rich

Re: Speedo De-Limiting & Mileage Adjustment

Post by GT Rich »

Sorry matey, this job has to be done by your self! No garage will do it as you will be winding back the clock if you want to put the correct millage on the dials. best thing is to do if your are going to put the mph converter on your tubby is take a picture before clearing showing the mileage in kmh and then one after showing the converted mileage in mph with your new dials :D

cheers

Rich
Kezza_2Turbo

RE

Post by Kezza_2Turbo »

Hi there,

I have already had a couple of quotes from garages but they are like £160 which is ok but they are based miles away and I would have to take the car there & overnight stay which all adds up.

I did find somewhere who would charge 100 and are mobile but I can't find them again now!! dammit!!
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

How many Kilometers has it done? You might be able to find a second hand speedo that has closer to the mileage the car has done. You can then keep your old one and label it with the date you swapped em over.

I know of a couple of second hand units around here, if you let me know what mileage you want, I'll see if any are close.
Bry

Post by Bry »

A friend of mine converts Jap imports to uk spec for a living He's based about 1 minute from Brands Hatch,If you want me to get a price for you let me know
Bry
Watch out OZ here I come !!

Return to “Mechanical”