Rear Fog light to brake light conversion

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Razor_Rage

Rear Fog light to brake light conversion

Post by Razor_Rage »

I'm wanting to turn my rear fogs into tail-lights/brake-lights and i found this pdf file on TOC, i just need to know what exactly the diode module consists of, can anyone help?

http://hem.bredband.net/razor_rage/Fog-light-mod.pdf

right click and save-as please.
ryan

Re: Rear Fog light to brake light conversion

Post by ryan »

I just put tail light bulbs in and keep the fog lamp switch on perminantly, but you dont get the brake light, just the four lights illuminated as tail lights and the two brake lights . :cry:
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

You don't need any fancy diode module, just two 5 amp diodes from Maplins at about 98p each.
Fit stop and tail light holders to the inner lamps (from scrappy, most Toyota ones will fit if they have wires coming off and don't connect to a pcb in the cluster). Wire the inner tail lights to the outers. Wire the two inner brake lights to each other then take one of the diodes (I included a switch here so I could turn off the inner brakelights if Mr MOT got fussy) and connect from the outer brakelights thru the diode and switch to the inner pair.
Next connect from the fog light feed to the inner brakelights thru the other diode.
The diodes stop the outer brakelights from being on all the time when you put the fogs on and stop the tell tale dash light for the fogs from lighting up when you press the brakes. The band on the diodes needs to be to the bulbholder end i.e. the 12v comes out there.
Razor_Rage

Post by Razor_Rage »

i'm now very confused....Stef, i added you to my MSN list if that's ok?

Return to “Modifications”