[All] [Generic] GOODBYE EVERYONE AND I WISH YOU ALL WELL

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS

[All] [Generic] GOODBYE EVERYONE AND I WISH YOU ALL WELL

Post by JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS »

Hi all,

I am closing MR2-Direct-Imports and Japanese-Direct-Imports as of 15 July this year, in order to move to Italy.

The import market died a while back, save for those looking for newer cars, and as MR2's were my speciality, and in order to provide the best cars it became too expensive for most customers, I have helped nuerous people buy privately lately, and help them get the cars to the standards I tried to set. I would like to think 99% of my customers over the years had a good experience using my compnay, and to those who may have had any problems, I would like to apologise to them.

I shall be leaving the UK at the end of August to start the job in Italy in mid-September.

Good luck to everyone, and you will be glad to know I'm taking my Rev5 Cosmos Blue Turbo with me to show off in Italia!

If any of you have photos of cars that I supplied you, would you be kind enough to email them to me at [email protected]

Many thanks to all my previous customers, and I wish all at IMOC the very best for the future.

Kindest regards
Julian
Japanese-Direct-Imports
Last edited by JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue

Re: [All] [Generic] GOODBYE EVERYONE AND I WISH YOU ALL WELL

Post by Rogue »

JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS wrote:I am closing MR2-Direct-Imports and Japanese-Direct-Imports as of 15 July this year, in order to move to Italy.

Best of luck in Italy Julian! :thumleft:

JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS wrote:Many thanks to all my previous customers, and I wish all at MR2OC the very best for the future.

...and IMOC-UK as well, I'm sure... :whistle:

Patrick
Bibbs

Post by Bibbs »

Many thanks Julian .. The car did me proud for 5 long years.

Good luck in Italy. Hope it all goes your way.

craig

Post by craig »

Best of luck in Italy :thumleft:
JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS

Sorry mean't IMOC! Good to hear from you Patrick.

Still got the Supra Club, GTR Club etc to do - so apologies for any errors in the copy and paste!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

arrived in uk like this.....

few years on, now like this, all done by me....(first uk owner kept car exactly how it arrived, im second uk woner)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/ ... k20/1a.jpg
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Julian,

Good luck with the move to Italy - you going for something near the Alps to enjoy the alpine passes in when driving the turbo - or sunshine for those T-Bar days ?

Hope you manage to avoid the usual 'wear and tear' on your Rev5 that the local Italian cars seem to collect !

Ben
JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS

Hi Ben - hope you're keeping well.

Will be based in Napoli - working within Licensing of alcohol venues. Fluent in Italian which helps!

Not a T-Bar fan myself - so had to have a hardtop, but got the aircon for those hot days! Never seen an MR2 while in Italy - so be interesting to see what the locals make of it.

Thanks for all you advice both prior to my time as an importer and during my start-up in business, your FAQ has been my bible!

Cheers
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

well i nearly bought a car from you but good luck all the same
:salut:
Draven

Post by Draven »

MIne is a JDI ;)
JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS

Thanks guys.

Just wanted to say that I have loved supplying you guys with cars over the last 6 - 7 years. I'm finding it a very emotional experience looking back at the cars that I imported. It was never about making money (though that helped!) but about fulfilling the dreams of like-minded MR2 fans, to get low mileage, nigh on mint condition, reliable cars.

Whilst the costs to achieve such cars was and always will be higher than your average dealer / private seller, I would like everyone to know that the genuine passion and enthusiasm I have for MR2's is something that will be with me for life.

Both I and Jason Croft tried our hardest to ensure that the cars I imported, and the parts he imported gave all MR2 owners a chance to acquire the very best there was available.

Sadly, on very rare occasions, the Japanese side of our businesses let us both down by supplying either vehicles or parts that cost us every penny of the commissions we charged in order to offer up a final product that we deemed satisfactory. But most of the time, and I've looked at numerous pics today of some of the cars I sold, I was genuinely moved by the pleasure and relief (!) that nearly all of my customers felt when collecting their cars.

And boy did we import some beautys! Over 400 MR2's - incl. Spyders, Rev 5 Turbos, approx 40 Supras, 37 GTR Skylines, 3 Evo's, 23 RX7's, 12 Impressa's, 13 FTO's, 3 MX5's, 16 GT4's, 7 300ZX'z, and many more. Some tuned, some standard, some with more bodykit on that you could think possible!!! And I've driven them all!!

Cars have gone to customers in the UK, USA, France, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Holland and Spain.

So as I said, if you have pics of your car that we either imported from you or you have since bought from the original purchaser, please send me pics to [email protected] so that I can take them on the computer abroad and remember "the glory days"!!!

And if you still want an import fresh from Japan - the best remaining genuine importers are Newera and Futurautos.

And to Ben B and Jenny - thanks for all your help in Southampton when I picked up the first batch of cars.

Cheers guys - I wouldn't have been able to do it without your support - and special thanks to Dino, Ben F, Michael Canny, Jason Croft, Toni G, Matt, Bry and the late John Helps. But most of all to my customers - THANKS!
michael

Post by michael »

Good luck Julian, all the best in your new venture.
Bry

Post by Bry »

All the best mate
Watch out OZ here I come !!
JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS

Cheers Bry!

I've heard that you've sold your car now - always to be refered to as Bry's car!

Before I leave I have to say one thing to you - your old car has had more plastic attached to it than the women on those Sky channels (906 upwards - so I've heard!). And can i just remind you of the exact words you used when you and I used to pick cars up? "Toyota didn't spend all that money in making such a beautiful car, just for some t*t to go and cover it in plastic! The MR2 should remain as Toyota intended!"

Take care mate, and my best to Nat and Sansom!
Bry

Post by Bry »

JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS wrote:Cheers Bry!

I've heard that you've sold your car now - always to be refered to as Bry's car!

Before I leave I have to say one thing to you - your old car has had more plastic attached to it than the women on those Sky channels (906 upwards - so I've heard!). And can i just remind you of the exact words you used when you and I used to pick cars up? "Toyota didn't spend all that money in making such a beautiful car, just for some t*t to go and cover it in plastic! The MR2 should remain as Toyota intended!"

Take care mate, and my best to Nat and Sansom!

you never did have any taste :lol:
JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS

That's true!

Cheers for all your help during the time you were with me - I hoped you enjoyed driving all those cars! And thanks for driving the super beasts when I was too chicken to drive them!!!
Bry

Post by Bry »

JAPANESE-DIRECT-IMPORTS wrote:That's true!

Cheers for all your help during the time you were with me - I hoped you enjoyed driving all those cars! And thanks for driving the super beasts when I was too chicken to drive them!!!

Certainly did,hope all goes well for you :D
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Julian,

I wish you all the best with your new venture. I have to say i am so glad i went through you to get my tubby. All the months of emails with help, advise and updates were more than most people in customer services could dream of.
And yes....im still glad i went for a red one! :)

All the best mate!

Graham

In japan:

ImageImage

Now:

dude541

Post by dude541 »

good luck julian,
hope it goes well for you.
do you have any contact details for jason?
last time i saw him was at mr2004!
regards
john
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Hi Julian,

Best of luck to you..... must be about five years since i've seen you around!!

Cheers,

Lauren
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”