What Have I Done!

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AlexB

What Have I Done!

Post by AlexB »

:shock: Hi all been playin around with my Tubby(J reg Import) as the rear passenger speaker sounds blown and as i was messing about with the rear to front fader.
I seem to somehow of done somethin to the car electrics.........The stereo went off and when i now try the ignition i can hear clicking,seems to be comin from behind my left hand side.....What have I done!
Tried the obvious stuff like disconnecting battery and i've had a look at some of the fuses. :-k If anybody has any ideas i could really use the advice.
Cheers. Alex.

Re: What Have I Done!

Post by Guest »

Alex,
Is the clicking when you try to start the car - or when you turn the ignition on? If it's when you try to start the car up it may be the battery is a bit on the flat side. The starter motor solenoid usually clicks when the battery is tired and you try to turn the engine over.

If it's as soon as you turn the ignition on - then I'm fairly confused. I'm guessing the ICE comes on with the key in the ACC setting - which is before IGN - so I don't think it's ICE related....

Tiring the battery is fairly easy to do by leaving ICE on while working on it or the car for example - been there, done that (c:

Cheers,
Si.

Return to “Electrical”