[Mk3] [Generic] K&N 57i Performance Induction Kits

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chalced

[Mk3] [Generic] K&N 57i Performance Induction Kits

Post by chalced »

Any one fitted one of these to a mk3 roadster??
Is it worth doing??
What are the benefits if I do??
Would it invalidate my extended Toyota warranty??

All replies gratefuly recieved,

Cheers,
Mel
Turbo-G

Re: [Mk3] [Generic] K&N 57i Performance Induction Kits

Post by Turbo-G »

Depends how restrictive the stock intake is, if its anything like the Corolla T sport then rather :lol:

Benefits: It will sound nice, possibly increase power slightly due to free intake of air.

Cons: Possibly absorb heat more than the stock airbox due to it not being eclosed, although 57i kits generally are very well designed and offer some form of heatshield.

Regarding your warranty, best to check with Toyota, however as a rule of thumb modifications usually invalidate warranties as it could be argued by the dealer that you are shortening the life span of certain components for instance...

Sorry not of much use on the matter :lol:
MarcC

Re: [Mk3] [Generic] K&N 57i Performance Induction Kits

Post by MarcC »

If youre going to put one of the induction kits on try and keep youre original airbox so you can put it back on if your car has to go into the dealers for any work done or simply just put a replacement K/N panel filter in the original box. You wont get the induction noise of a induction kit but it will help the engine breath alot better. K/N33-2041-1 is the part number for panel and K/N57I-9002 for the induction.They only do a Gen2 kit, this is more expensive than the usual 57I but works better :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”