www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
How to use the Calendar feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icsunonove

Feedback Score: 0

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: How to use the Calendar feature Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

How to View and Navigate the Calendar

Ok, so you may have noticed a little yellow arrow and the word Calendar on the right hand side of the screen. Hiding behind this little arrow is a rather powerful tool! Here’s how it works:

Click on the arrow or the Calendar text and you get a weeks worth of the calendar. This button toggles so if you want it to disappear just click again.

On the week that is displayed you can see all the events listed as one line items. If you hover over the item you get a pop-up box giving you a few more details. If you click the item you get taken to the first post of the event in question.

Ok, so that’s the basics. But what if you want to see further ahead? When you have the weeks Calendar showing you can see a diary icon (this thing: )to the left of the word Calendar in the middle of the screen. Click on this. This gives you the current months worth of events. Another method of accessing this screen is to click on Calendar in the top tool bar.

From here and using the drop downs you can view any month you like. And again by hovering you see some details and clicking shows the full post and that’s it, simple…..

How to post Events on the Calendar

If you haven’t already done so please read the “How to View and Navigate the Calendar” post to get the basics.

All you need to do is this:

1) Go to the Events Forum
2) Click “new topic”
3) Enter the details including in the subject title the location, the event and the date. For example: Anglesey Trackday, 24 / 25th October.
4) Enter some more details in the “message body”
5) At the bottom of the screen use the “Calendar Event” drop down box to enter the date.

And that’s it…

Last edited by Icsunonove on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
R220

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Looks like a great feature.

Cant seem to see the word 'diary' to the left of 'calender' when the week view is expanded though.
cartledge_uk

Feedback Score: 6

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

R220 wrote:
Looks like a great feature.

Cant seem to see the word 'diary' to the left of 'calender' when the week view is expanded though.

me neither. [Think]
monkeymax

Feedback Score: 8

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Me neither. There's a diary icon though - which seems to work.

Which is what Tom said... [Wink]
Icsunonove

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ROFL at you lot! [Mr. Green]

Right, I'll go and edit my first post and put the icon in.

It's nice to know that people are reading this anyway, cheers for that! [thumleft]
R220

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

LOL sorry, I was looking at the word 'calender' on the right, not the centre part [Embarassed]
Icsunonove

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Embarassed] That's my fault then, more editing required.

Cheers for pointing it out [thumleft]
cartledge_uk

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

monkeymax wrote:
Me neither. There's a diary icon though - which seems to work. Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/templates/subSilver/images/icon_calendar.gif[/url]

Which is what Tom said... [Wink]

lol, didnt see that!
Icsunonove

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Right, editing complete (I hope) [Mr. Green]

Could someone reading the first post for the first time please confirm whether it all makes sense now?

Cheers [thumleft]
cartledge_uk

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Icsunonove wrote:
Right, editing complete (I hope) [Mr. Green]

Could someone reading the first post for the first time please confirm whether it all makes sense now?

Cheers [thumleft]

makes sense to me.
Icsunonove

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Icsunonove wrote:
reading the first post for the first time

[clown] You've read it before! [Mr. Green]

[Wink]
matorkestarije

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: How to use the Calendar feature Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can this be pinned/stickied to the top of the section? Makes it easier to find when trying to see what is coming up on the national schedule.

Thanks for the work on it Mike, its not an easy thing to stay on top of...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: