Modding an NA

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

og2436

Modding an NA

Post by og2436 »

I know tubbies lend themselves to mods much more readily than NAs, but alas I'm 21 and can't get insured on a tubby :(

Anyway, in 6 months time I'm going to be starting a graduate job and thought I'd invest the "golden hello" into my car :). It's a GLtd with an HKS induction kit and a Magnex exhaust. It's also sitting on height adjustable H&R coilovers. But what can I do to make it quicker in a straight line without sacrificing reliability and engine life?
michael

Re: Modding an NA

Post by michael »

You've done the stuff I'd usually suggest apart from upgrading the brakes and tyres - the next one I usually spout is for you to become a better driver by getting more trackdays under your belt, if you can get the most out your car you'll shock a lot of faster cars.

If you just want straight line fun then nitrous is the obvious answer but I'd be more tempted to make the car lighter and focus on handling.
screech

Post by screech »

unichip
Gefunk

Post by Gefunk »

Go with what michael said, focus on handling, get a good handling mr2 set up it will shock others cars :D loose some weight from it, but to do that you have to be pretty drastic with what you do.

or if you have the dollar you can do,

mild cams, port and polish and uni chip will see not bad results at all. Those things can be kept secret from mr insurance man....did i say that?

Gav
og2436

Post by og2436 »

naughty naughty :wink:

It's actually on 16"s and Yoko 539's and seems to have (almost) endless amounts of grip. I'd like to do some trackdays but for the next 6 months I'm a student...still, gives me something to look forward to I guess :D
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

you can get a helix stage 2 clucth from fensport with a lightweight flywheel

worse thing about NAs is the clucth slipping

Return to “Modifications”