let the side down

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Just having a laugh
12%
Stupid
41%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
47%

Total votes: 17

agentturbo

let the side down

Post by agentturbo »

was cruising behind a new rover 75....he was flooring it at any possible piece of open road that he had ....bearing in mind this was croydon..was 3 cars behind him at the lights...past the lights the road went from 2 lanes too 3 .
but only for about 2 to 300 yards. i thought i show him, to show off .he floored it and was in front of all cars
i came up behind him in second gear..both in third lane as i proceeded to overtake in second lane as he wasnt going to move over...i crunch the gears and lost my momentum....the road was closing back down too 1 lane ..so i sheepishly turn off at the nearest side exit....im sure he had a grin...muppet...that teach me not to get too cocky from too far away...
would have been easy if i was opposite him at the lights...
craig

Re: let the side down

Post by craig »

:roll:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

:-k
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

[-X
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

[-o<
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

#-o
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
DeusMR2

Post by DeusMR2 »

lol the reactions were as funny as the post :P unlucky mate ](*,)
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

both in third lane as i proceeded to overtake in second lane as he wasnt going to move over

So that would be UNDERtake then? [-X
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

agentturbo wrote:was cruising behind a new rover 75....he was flooring it at any possible piece of open road that he had ....bearing in mind this was croydon..was 3 cars behind him at the lights...past the lights the road went from 2 lanes too 3 .
but only for about 2 to 300 yards. i thought i show him, to show off .he floored it and was in front of all cars
i came up behind him in second gear..both in third lane as i proceeded to overtake in second lane as he wasnt going to move over...i crunch the gears and lost my momentum....the road was closing back down too 1 lane ..so i sheepishly turn off at the nearest side exit....im sure he had a grin...muppet...that teach me not to get too cocky from too far away...

Shame, you should let your husband drive next time luv! :D :lol:
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

[-(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

brummypetepie wrote:
agentturbo wrote:was cruising behind a new rover 75....he was flooring it at any possible piece of open road that he had ....bearing in mind this was croydon..was 3 cars behind him at the lights...past the lights the road went from 2 lanes too 3 .

Shame, you should let your husband drive next time luv! :D :lol:

:thumbdown:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Lauren wrote:

\:D/ :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

BLOODUK wrote:
Lauren wrote:

Lets just say i've met so many guys that think they can drive, but haven't really got a clue. And i have a lot of female friends who are a bit handy behind the wheel to say the least, so i don't enjoy comments like that.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Lauren wrote:And i have a lot of female friends who are a bit handy with a duster, so i don't enjoy comments like that.

You tell 'em, Lauren :D
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Lauren wrote:
BLOODUK wrote:
Lauren wrote:

Lets just say i've met so many guys that think they can drive, but haven't really got a clue. And i have a lot of female friends who are a bit handy behind the wheel to say the least, so i don't enjoy comments like that.

Not sure i think both as bad as each other depending on the driver behind wheel , hell i think the worst drivers are the oldies.... really wierd seeing someone struggling to walk across the road, can hardly see or talk getting into a car :silent:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

BLOODUK wrote:
Lauren wrote:
BLOODUK wrote:

Not sure i think both as bad as each other depending on the driver behind wheel , hell i think the worst drivers are the oldies.... really wierd seeing someone struggling to walk across the road, can hardly see or talk getting into a car :silent:

Yep exactly. Good and bad men and women drivers. Women don't tend to have the ego problem that men do it seems.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Aidy wrote:
Lauren wrote:And i have a lot of female friends who are a bit handy with a duster, so i don't enjoy comments like that.

GLOL!

*slap*
blue2

Post by blue2 »

:-&
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

Lauren wrote:
Aidy wrote:

GLOL!

*slap*

Crikey!!!!!

You make one comment and thats it, youre slapped!!!!

Didnt mean to cause offence, Ive met a million bad drivers, both women and men, so Im not particularly against women drivers.....cool!!!???
sadako

Post by sadako »

Dont underestimate a rover. Just because they are normally driven by old people doesnt mean the cars have no capability or modding potential, partucularly those made with help from honda. The problem is they are as reliable as an american treaty

Return to “Driving Experiences”