starter relay thieving alarm installers!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nbear69

starter relay thieving alarm installers!

Post by nbear69 »

I've just had a laserline alarm put in to satisfy the insurance companies. Ever since i got it back had starting trouble. Turn key, dash lights up, engine doesn't crank. Fourth time i've taken it back and the guy reckons my starter relay has just gone, coincidentally at exactly the same time as they had it in to install the alarm! He says it's dur to watyer damage apparently a comon problem with MR2's according to him.

Does this sound plausible, or has he just blown my starte relay and is getting me to pay for a new one?
SFLee

Re: starter relay thieving alarm installers!

Post by SFLee »

sound like they broken / lose wire when they put the alarm in, I am sure when I put me in, they check every thing is working and no working and give it back to me the same condition plus alarm, they even show me and mark dont scatch on the door,
BenF
Premium Member

Re: starter relay thieving alarm installers!

Post by BenF »

nbear69 wrote:I've just had a laserline alarm put in to satisfy the insurance companies. Ever since i got it back had starting trouble. Turn key, dash lights up, engine doesn't crank. Fourth time i've taken it back and the guy reckons my starter relay has just gone, coincidentally at exactly the same time as they had it in to install the alarm! He says it's dur to watyer damage apparently a comon problem with MR2's according to him.

Does this sound plausible, or has he just blown my starte relay and is getting me to pay for a new one?

See my reply here:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4390

Please only post questions in one area of the site !

Return to “Mechanical”