Me V's Scooby...

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
No votes
Just having a laugh
67%
Stupid
33%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
No votes

Total votes: 6

Mikejc

Me V's Scooby...

Post by Mikejc »

Had a little run in with a scooby today on the way back from Ipswich, just as I joined the A12. I can't tell you much regarding the model of the said car as I know very little about them truth be told :oops: It was green lol...and I believe it to have been the earlier shape....the Classic?

Anyways, he pulls up along side me and sits there for a little bit waiting for me to look across, which I do. He gives the thumbs up and then some form of gesture to let me know he wants to race......I drop to 3rd now doing approx 40mph, he goes for it. My turbo comes on song and by the end of 3rd I have 1 cars length on him....into 4th and that gap just keeps getting bigger....end of fourth I back off, he flys past................some time later :lol: Hazards flashed by the both of us, end of fun :D

Mikejc
BLOODUK

Re: Me V's Scooby...

Post by BLOODUK »

Probably a 200bhp scooby , my dad raced one the other night in his honda jakan modified prelude vtec 2.2 236bhp , and wooped it!! The scooby sounds like a wrx but it probably is one of the slower si models NOT a wrx!
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

I'm not sure what difference it makes, but it had STi writen on it?

Mikejc
Lee @ 3S Service Centre

Post by Lee @ 3S Service Centre »

Mikejc wrote:I'm not sure what difference it makes, but it had STi writen on it?

Mikejc

about 70hp \:D/

sti's have 275hp or so.

good kill :)

lee
Essex MR2

Post by Essex MR2 »

STi is the better model of the wrx, depending on the year it could have up to 280bhp.

Just looked at your profile though and you must be putting out 320bhp+ at the flywheel??? So would've thought you'd whoop one of those anyway.

Good on ya though, show 'em what a 2 can do! :lol:
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

In that case i'm not surprised that I beat it. If they do in fact have 275bhp, I take it that this is @ the fly wheel? I'm pushing 305 @ the wheels so he did'nt really have a chance! :lol:

Mikejc
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Around 345 fly wheel :D

Mikejc
Essex MR2

Post by Essex MR2 »

305 @ wheels!!! :o :shock:

That must be mad to drive. Picked my first tubby up and it's running around 250bhp@ flywheel and I thought that was quick!

300 @ wheels is what I'm looking at getting mine to. Should be enough to see off all the scoobies around here! :wink:
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

I tend not to bother with scoobies Mike, fodder every time. :D
JJ

Post by JJ »

honda jakan modified prelude vtec 2.2 236bhp

whats that when its at home ??? :shock:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Lee @ 3S Service Centre

Post by Lee @ 3S Service Centre »

jakan is a honda tuning company in the uk.

basically its a honda prelude with exhaust, filter and cams.
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Oi, dont diss the scoobies, I've got a UK 2000 Turbo as a run around ;)

Paul.
fizz

Post by fizz »

nice Kill.. one thing i have found though is that a lot of the WRX (slower apec scooby) tend to lean towards sticking on STi badges.. :clown:

then they get wasted and shy away.. lol

the real STi's are rapid to 60... the new ones are about 4.4 as standard.. the old ones about 4.9 i think.. they might even be quicker than that..
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

fizz wrote:nice Kill.. one thing i have found though is that a lot of the WRX (slower apec scooby) tend to lean towards sticking on STi badges.. :clown:

then they get wasted and shy away.. lol

Not necessarily. When I owned a Scooby, I got totally sick of everyone trying to race me. You get all the Nova/Saxo crew, the BMW drivers, etc, all want to race in order to see how fast their car is against Subaru's finest. Most of the time, the easy way to get rid of them is to drop a cog and give them the impression that you're 'up for it', then slip back to the original gear and carry on regardless whilst they accelerate away. This makes them happy as they drive off in the belief that they've 'done a Scooby'.

Don't under estimate the standard WRXs, either. If driven properly they can destroy a standard MR2 tubby up to about 80mph. At that point, the MR2 sails past! :D
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by fizz »

no doubt its down to the Driver mate.. but trust me.. i have been up against a few scoobs (WRX) now and none of the standard ones have beaten me to 70..

Bradford should be called Scooby City.. cos there are xxxx loads here.. and i know a few owners of some very nice modded examples..

In standard form the WRX is no match for the rev 3 tubby to 60.

I find in Bradford that loads of scoobies have STi badges.. lol... and trust me they aint been STi's as those should kill me..

Not had the pleasure of going against one yet.. :mrgreen:
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

fizz wrote:no doubt its down to the Driver mate.. but trust me.. i have been up against a few scoobs (WRX) now and none of the standard ones have beaten me to 70..

Bradford should be called Scooby City.. cos there are xxxx loads here.. and i know a few owners of some very nice modded examples..

In standard form the WRX is no match for the rev 3 tubby to 60.

I find in Bradford that loads of scoobies have STi badges.. lol... and trust me they aint been STi's as those should kill me..

Not had the pleasure of going against one yet.. :mrgreen:

Hi,

You've obviously never been up against a impreza Type R then mate, it would absolutely eat your car upto 80 with a few mods.

My old one would do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds and it had tonnes of traction!!

they are seriously quick, especially with the DCCD to help it and WI as standard.

Cheers,

Paul.
fizz

Post by fizz »

ahh yes.. the Type R.. Awesome machines..

I have a mate who used to own an import Type R.. and man it was rapid.. I loved the dials in the car in the centre of the dash..

Pushin close to 300bhp as standard aint they? :-k

Have to say the power delivery was totally different to the tubby.. 'feels' quicker in the tubby when infact it is slower.. lol

Also he told me that you you cant rev the ass of the Type R like you can do in the tubby for fear of it blowing up.. (not technical experssion lol)..

But yes.. lovely mota's... just a shame they are so so common here.. :(
ryan

Post by ryan »

Mikejc wrote:I'm not sure what difference it makes, but it had STi writen on it?

Mikejc

Mike,
There is a good clip of a rev 3 GT turbo drag racing a 275bhp jap classic shape STi on MR2oc.co.uk, in the 'downloads' section on the menu on the left of the homepage screen. I think you need to register with them to get into the section :?

Theres not much in it, but I doubt that Scooby stood a chance with the power youre running \:D/
craig

Post by craig »

Very nice dude! =D>
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

i saw two scoobies the other night havin a dangerous tussle....to be fair if had a turbo i mighjt have been tempted to join in, they were going really quick !!!!!!
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss

Return to “Driving Experiences”