Rev3/4 spoiler on Rev 1?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Zoe

Rev3/4 spoiler on Rev 1?

Post by Zoe »

Hi

Looking into buying either a rev 3 or rev 4 spoiler for my rev 1 '91 turbo, does anyone know if these will just bolt straight on? Or is it a case of changing the bootlid too?Is it a really tricky job? Also, in your opinions, if both would fit, which looks best, a Rev 3 or Rev 4 version?

Any comments much appreciated!!!
Paul R

Re: Rev3/4 spoiler on Rev 1?

Post by Paul R »

Hi,

Bear in mind that you will need some bodywork and re-spraying done to cover up th holes that are left behind!

Paul.
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Oh,

I like the Rev3 spoiler...

Cheers,

Paul.
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

Pretty sure they won't, you can drill new holes in the boot and fill the old one's.Would be easier to fit a new lid as well, cos the spoiler will need to be sprayed.Also you will be left with holes on the rear wings were the side pieces fit, and airial is diiferent :roll:
The rev3 and 4 spoilers are the same, you must mean the rev5 combat type. These are more dissirable but I think if your car is pretty standard you would be better with the rev3/4.
HTH
Andy
Zoe

Post by Zoe »

Cheers guys, car is in boyfriends body shop at the mo for re-spray anyway, so thought, while he's doing that i'd upgrade a few things!
Must have confused the rev 4 with rev 5 version! :oops:

Thanks guys.
RussMR2

Post by RussMR2 »

Rev5 spoiler
www.revision6.com

Russ
RMG Developments
Rory

Post by Rory »

Zoe,

I fitted a Rev 5 spoiler to my rev 2 myself. Its really easy. Youll need to drill some new holes on the boot lid to fit the new spoiler then have loads of unused holes filled and sprayed. The Rev 3,4 and 5 holes are all in the same place. I bought a genuine toyota Rev 5 spoiler wich was £400 (used) but I think you can get copy spoilers for much cheaper. Check out silviaparts.com . I think some people from IMOC have ordered from Silviaparts before and say the fit was good. Silviaparts are in the US but I think their shipping rate was supprisingly cheap. As I said I didnt get my spoiler from silviaparts so cant speak from personal experiance.

Rory
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

i have a rev3 spoiler for sale if u want it? iveupgraded to rev5 wing
screech

Post by screech »

can't remember other messasges, too drunk, rev 3 spolier looks sh*te, go rev 5
Stevef

Post by Stevef »

Im a big fan of the rev 3 spoiler. nice IMO but so is the rev 5 one. :? :?

Return to “Modifications”