VW Passat

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CJ B

VW Passat

Post by CJ B »

Went out to the car yesterday and I'm totally blocked in by some VW loser, I have to be in town in 5 minutes so I get in the car and hold the horn down for 15 seconds hoping for said loser to appear and let me go - he didnt :evil:
I get out of my tubby and go round the back and give it a good heave but the biatch wont budge :evil: :evil:
Back into the car and I reverse up to his boot and ready myself for the impending 'push of war' :twisted:
I give it a bit of welly and his bright red piece of german poo is launched backwards allowing me to pull forwards out of my parking prison ready to go to town 8)
I nip out to check I didnt scratch my car only to find my numberplate holed and hanging of his TOWBAR (am I blind or what?) :evil: :evil: :evil:
I unhooked it from this giant nazi fishermans harpoon and went to town where I found out that I cant have another numberplate cos 'its an import' OMG I never noticed (seems I must be short sighted :oops: ) that imports have a different size / shape numberplate :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone know where I can get one near Northwich in Cheshire :oops:

Also I'm looking for a missile / rocket launcher upgrade for my '2 to help deal with other road (ab)users, any ideas.

Chris.
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Re: VW Passat

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

LOL! you idiot

you CAN get another plate easily, get a custom one, think you can get away with a motobike plate
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

CJB wrote:Went out to the car yesterday and I'm totally blocked in by some VW loser, I have to be in town in 5 minutes so I get in the car and hold the horn down for 15 seconds hoping for said loser to appear and let me go - he didnt :evil:
I get out of my tubby and go round the back and give it a good heave but the biatch wont budge :evil: :evil:
Back into the car and I reverse up to his boot and ready myself for the impending 'push of war' :twisted:
I give it a bit of welly and his bright red piece of german poo is launched backwards allowing me to pull forwards out of my parking prison ready to go to town 8)
I nip out to check I didnt scratch my car only to find my numberplate holed and hanging of his TOWBAR (am I blind or what?) :evil: :evil: :evil:
I unhooked it from this giant nazi fishermans harpoon and went to town where I found out that I cant have another numberplate cos 'its an import' OMG I never noticed (seems I must be short sighted :oops: ) that imports have a different size / shape numberplate :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Also I'm looking for a missile / rocket launcher upgrade for my '2 to help deal with other road (ab)users, any ideas.

Chris.

you should have no problems in getting square plates!
i was told my J on my square plates was illegal, so had to get new ones done!. the garage i was at seemed to have the right shape (infact, exactly the right shape), done me new ones front and back for around £16! (i only had to keep them on for a few hours to pass the MOT), then they said i could take them off if i wona, which i did!! i got the JDI rear plate, and a custom front plate.

any decent imported garage should have blank square plates!
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

CJB wrote:

They're talking rubbish - what you're after is a numberplate which is a standard (but rarely used) plate size - I think its 10" x 8" but if you measure the hole in your bumbper you should be able to confirm.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

CJB youre a nutter. I could never do that to my car. Very amusing
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I got my import-size plates from Craig's Plates - http://www.craigsplates.com - and was very happy with them.

CJ B

Post by CJ B »

Well I went to an import place but they couldnt do plates for my car as they only had a license for first time registrations!
Also the plates that they do wernt the correct size anyway.
I ended up around the corner at a commercial place and now have a truck plate attatched to my '2

I'm gonna try and get on an anger management course in the new year and get some anti-crazy pills ASAP ;)

I REALLY had to be in town without delay that day as I had a load of expensive music stuff that I had left in a pub that was gonna open at 11am and didnt fancy my chances with the less than honest locals!
Jon S

Post by Jon S »

This lot are pretty good. www.fancyplates.com
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

CJB - Where in Northwich are you from?

I am from Barnton, and had the plates for my SC done at Halfords!

Alternatively, you can try that place in Rudheath (name eludes me) and GB&E on Castle!

HTH

Wayne
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
CJ B

Post by CJ B »

Hi Wayne,
I'm from Hartford!
I tried Halfords where they didnt have the right sized plate but the guy on the counter let me have a P! (to patch up my broken plate)
I tried G&B and figured Carbits had the same kind of stuff & headed off to Middlewich to the place at the end of King Street (who didnt have the plate either)

Its good te hear there is a SC in Northich - nice one 8) !
waynestoyotamr2

Sounds about right. Thinking about it, they did have to specially order in the "Import" plates.

Get a pic of your car up, and I will keep an eye out for you!!

hehehe
CJ B

Post by CJ B »

No way to get the pictures off my camera at the moment!
Its a black GT turbo T-bar (rev 1), cracked front bumper, covered in dust, standard alloys, big chrome cans & daft truck number plate!
In fact it probably wouldnt win any beauty competitions at the moment and doesn't merit a photo on here (a bit like its driver :roll: )
I'm the 6'5 18 stone long-haired fella about town that messes around with P.A. hire and guitars etc. (probably narrows it down a bit)

Cheers,
Chris.
waynestoyotamr2

LOL! Well keep your eyes peeled for a red Toyota Starlet driving around with Northwich Victoria stuff all over the back windows, cos thats me :)
Waldo Dobbs

Post by Waldo Dobbs »

CJB wrote:I'm the 6'5 18 stone long-haired fella about town ...

Strewth, that must be pretty snug, I don't exactly have spare headroom and I'm only 6'3" :wink:

Return to “Driving Experiences”