ABSOLUTE GENUINE BARGAIN MR2 AUTO T-BAR

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

iansumuk

ABSOLUTE GENUINE BARGAIN MR2 AUTO T-BAR

Post by iansumuk »

http://snipurl.com/mr2bargain

SORRY - SORRY - SOLD AT £1100 (and £20 of fuel thrown in)
Last edited by iansumuk on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkeymax

Re: ABSOLUTE GENUINE BARGAIN MR2 AUTO T-BAR

Post by monkeymax »

Must... restrain... myself... from... calling...!!!

(though I'd be there if it was a manual...)

Seriously though Ian, good luck with the sale! Can't believe you're having this much difficulty shifting it - especially at that price!
iansumuk

Post by iansumuk »

Forgot to mention that it has a thatcham immobiliser and momo steering wheel.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Ian, any idea what the make and model of immobiliser is? It'd make getting an insurance quote somewhat easier... :-$ :whistle:

(Edited as I re-read the ebay auction and found the answer to the other question)
iansumuk

Post by iansumuk »

monkeymax wrote:Ian, any idea what the make and model of immobiliser is? It'd make getting an insurance quote somewhat easier... :-$ :whistle:

(Edited as I re-read the ebay auction and found the answer to the other question)

I can look it up when I get home tonight, all I know is that it's Thatcham Category 2. It has an invoice and I think it was expensive, maybe £200. It has two little pearl things on my keyring, I think I'm only really meant to carry one of them! One is red, the other is black, you basically wave them under the panel (where the keys hang) and once sensed the instrument panel will light up and the car can be started. A-Plan never asked me for the certificate, but I do have it!

I'll check later and post up the detail of it.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Well, unfortunately it seems I can't anyway. Just phoned my insurance company and as they don't have an automatic version of this on file and because it's an import, they won't touch it with a barge pole. Her actual words were "We cannot insure you on that car."
I'd ring around, but I think I may hear this elsewhere too... (I was just considering that an Auto may not be a bad thing given the amount of stop-start driving I now do...)
Oh well, someone else's bargain I guess.
iansumuk

Post by iansumuk »

monkeymax wrote:Well, unfortunately it seems I can't anyway. Just phoned my insurance company and as they don't have an automatic version of this on file and because it's an import, they won't touch it with a barge pole. Her actual words were "We cannot insure you on that car."
I'd ring around, but I think I may hear this elsewhere too... (I was just considering that an Auto may not be a bad thing given the amount of stop-start driving I now do...)
Oh well, someone else's bargain I guess.

I'm currently with A-Plan and they insure it for me. It a G-special AUTO - all auto's are imports. Give A-Plan my name if they say they wouldn't touch it. Sometimes it's worth ringing a place twice and hopefully get a different person ... one who knows what they're talking about!
The TVIS Kid

Post by The TVIS Kid »

Is there much perfomance difference between the manual and the auto. The last auto i drove was a 200sx and had a nasty habit of changing gears on islands causing all sorts of dramas?
iansumuk

Post by iansumuk »

The TVIS Kid wrote:Is there much perfomance difference between the manual and the auto. The last auto i drove was a 200sx and had a nasty habit of changing gears on islands causing all sorts of dramas?

Never had that problem. But it's sold now anyway.

:D
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

iansumuk wrote:
Never had that problem. But it's sold now anyway.
:D

Congrats. Makes my decision easier then! :)
(A-plan never called back...)

Still hoping to see you again at a couple of meets Ian. 'Til then, take care!

Return to “MR2s for Sale”