Rear Light Clusters

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

element

Rear Light Clusters

Post by element »

Ok I knew one (or maybe two) of my lights have been out for a bit, I'd get round to it.

Then my front bulb goes, realise I better get this sorted. Got some dealer to do it for me, fear of losing my hands in the process.

I then realise I had better fix the rest of the lost bulbs (6 in total - I realise this is quite bad but I do travel during the day only)

So if anyone can kindly help I need to know

1. How to replace front fog (presume this pulls out easily)
2. How to replace reverse bulb
3. Most important, how to remove the rear light cluster...... need to replace rear fog and rear brake

Sorry if these are dumbass questions... but when it comes to cars, I am a dumbass

I have a MR2 Mk2
Mark Edwards

Re: Rear Light Clusters

Post by Mark Edwards »

For the front fogs, 2 screws at the top of it and give it a tug, then it's obvious from there. Chances are the screws will be rusted solid so a bit of wd40 the day before wouldn't go a miss.

Rear cluster, prize off the tringular amber piece at the side to reveal 2 screws, undo these and the one on the top of the other end of the cluster and again give it a tug. Again obvious from there.

HTH
Leon.

Re: Rear Light Clusters

Post by Leon. »

Just to add to Marks's post, to get at the reverse light bulbs, just undo the two screws at the top of the panel (near the boot lock) and give it a bit of a tug. Then just unscrew the bulb holders and replace...........

:wink:

Return to “Electrical”