MINT MR2 Rev 3 GTS Turbo OEM Spec in Black

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2-Rated

MINT MR2 Rev 3 GTS Turbo OEM Spec in Black

Post by MR2-Rated »

Hiya fellas,
I've Previously advertised on MR2OC where ive been registered since ive owned the car and the advert as sat while i was on holiday, ive registered and posted on here to gather some interest:

The Car and its History:
Registered in 1995, I bought this car from a company who shipped it but did not register it. It was MOT'ed from the chassis Number when it came over. I transported it home and registered myself back in february with a full Years Tax and MOT since. The plate you see is DVLA Supplied (I have covered up partly to protect the identity).

I was after a MR2 completely standard and this is what you see before you.

After viewing one previous, i set apon this and was satisfied with the condition.

Im sure this is one of the few fine examples of OEM Spec MR2s still left in the UK.

Interior:
Faultless and comes with a OEM Cassette Player, Radio and 12 Disc Changer. It came with a 6 disc changer but playing problems paved the way for an upgrade courtesy of a member on here.
The clocks have been electronically converted with a BitsForTwos converter which includes the Delimiter.
It came over with 78k miles on the clocks despite the awesome condition and now shows 86k. Just 8k miles since on UK Soil!
Comes with standard MR2 Mats and Blue Flash Cloth.

Chassis:
This is NON T BAR, which didnt affect me because of the perfectly running Air Con, alarm fitters that reported that driving this 'was the most secure mister i've driven' due to the extra strength through the roof. The handling is much better over T Bar Models, so ive heard.
This means no rain leaks either!

Engine:
Completely Standard down to the Air Filter, has had a MrT supplied Coolant and Alternator Belt Change since Ownership. Starts up like a dream and runs to perfection, Engine pulls sweet and produces boost waaay over the Max Setting on the gauge when needed.
It came over with an aftermarket exhaust but ive now converted back to Import Turbo spec System with BRAND NEW MrT Supplied De-Cat Pipe (not the type bought by aftermarket companies as it replaces 2 sections of the exhaust).
LSD Fitted inside Gearbox.

Exterior:
Completely OEM, comes with 2 x MR2OC Rear Window Stickers and URL contained inside both Number Plates. (Doing my bit for the club :P)

Security:
It came with Remote Central Locking as supplied by rare FM Transmitters inside the OEM Keys, but now has a CAT 1 Alarm with Shock, Interior and Exterior Zone Proximity and now Ultrasonic sensors for backup.
The alarm also has an Independant Pager to warn you of any Alarm trips of any kind up to 1km away (distance actually proven when i was bored one day)

Suspension:
At first glances at the sale, and from the seller, i thought the suspension was standard but it seems that the shocks have been uprated slightly for a much harder ride, yet to be confirmed as i am unaware of other Mister ride setups, but the springs are Red all around, something which i was told isnt Standard. All JDM Supplied and fitted over the water.
A firm yet comfortable ride at higher speeds too.

Wheels and Tyres:
Completely OEM, even the rubber is still Jap supplied! Wheels are of excellent condition.

Extra Notes:
The extra point which made me buy this superb example and bring it into the Owners Club was the Chassis number: SW20-0100000
Owning the 100,000th JDM made MR2 sounds nice......

It comes with the original Toyota Handbook with all the certificates like import certificates and verifcation of mileage (all that i had back from DVLA after registering)

Im sure everyone would agree that this would be kept inside the club for years to come, and im glad to bring this sale offer exclusive to the MR2OC before it gets mentioned elsewhere first.

Its the perfect upgrade to a turbo, and the perfect example to start a project on, the car is about as sound as they come.

Its up for £4495 ono, any interested parties or any questions about the car, i can answer and re-edit this post, can PM me through here or Email direct on rhys.davies @ tiscali.co.uk
This car is on a pure sale basis only and i will not accept Part Ex or swaps as i have another car and the funds are going towards a house! :cry:

The car is located in the S Wales Area BTW.

And now heres the pictures i took:

Exterior 2

Exterior 3

Engine

Chassis/No

Interior

Regards,
Rhys.
Last edited by MR2-Rated on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MR2-Rated

Re: MINT MR2 Rev 3 GTS Turbo OEM Spec in Black

Post by MR2-Rated »

Man the forum went doo-lally last night.

Free BUMP.
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

Come on chaps, this is available for viewings any day of the week or weekend, i know its a bit of a drive for some of you as i went from S Wales to Liverpool to buy this!

BUMP.
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

BUMP to the top.
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

The car is going UK wide public advertisement in a few days so any interested parties with offers get in touch as id like to sell to peopkle as dedicated as you lot, especially with the condition and chassis number before any old chav with the necessary cash snaps this up.

This truely is an MR2 to keep in this club at least.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

That is shockingly clean and tidy for the mileage!!!
[/quote]
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

Everything about the car doesnt even show the mileage at all.

Thanks for your comments though, still waiting on interested parties.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

matt_mr2t wrote:That is shockingly clean and tidy for the mileage!!!

i'll second that, cant beleive how clean and straight it looks, i mean look at those panel gaps at the front, puts mine to shame
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

Make it someones else's shame and buy mine then mate ;)
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

Now Reduced to £4495 ONO
skytek

Post by skytek »

I'd have this off you in a snap if the milage wasn't so high :(
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

Well it is below the national average, plus it came over with 6k less than that and only had 1 Japan Owner, and as you can see, kept and serviced it to the mark.

Mate its up for ONO as well and theres nothing on the car that justifys the mileage AT ALL.

PM me if you wanna make an offer instead.
skytek

Post by skytek »

It's a beautiful example but with 138k on it for that price, and kowing my luck something will go wrong with the engine further down the line. I don't have much luck with these cars lol. It is a very impressive looking example though! Gorgeous!
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

138 kilometres mate, thats 85k miles BTW.

I've re-editted the original post to avoid confusion.
skytek

Post by skytek »

PM sent
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

PM Replied
terminater2_uk

Post by terminater2_uk »

138 kilometres mate, thats 85k miles BTW.

I thought you had it converted to miles?
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

No i converted it to READ Miles i.e the Clock to read 100 MPH not 100 KPH using the same dials.

The car came over reading KMH @ 126k.
MR2-Rated

Post by MR2-Rated »

Still for sale, heard no reply from skytek.
boosch

For sale?

Post by boosch »

Still for sale? im in bath this weekend can have a look?!

Return to “MR2s for Sale”