www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Speaker fitment / Wiring diagrams. please contribute!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Bar Turbo

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well i managed to pick a set of INFINITY-Kappa-60-7cs 6 inch for 70 delivered fingers crossed they will just be a straight swap i will post up once they are in
andykipling

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I took neil_turbo's Quality write up on speakers and bought some Reference 5010cs for the doors, i was told to fit them i needed a SAK-2912 kit, but these seem far too big. anyone know what i need to buy or waht i need to knock up out of wood? Any ideas? i have a MK2 N/A.
silverhawk160

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Link didnt work, edited sorry, I`ll have to work out how to have all the pictures to come up with the text when I copy and paste as I`ve found an excellent bit of info
Leon.

Feedback Score: 46

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

silverhawk160 wrote:
Link didnt work, edited sorry, I`ll have to work out how to have all the pictures to come up with the text when I copy and paste as I`ve found an excellent bit of info

As long as the source link of the images is correct, add [img] before the link, and [/img] after it. It also needs to have the file extension after it such as ".jpg".

HTH
silverhawk160

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers leeroy, Right heres the info I was going on about I hope its of help to someone as its helped me out. Look through all the links through out the page
http://www.stephenmason.com/cars/mr2audio.html

Here another one too
http://www.stephenmason.com/cars/mr2pc9406.html

[thumleft] [thumleft] [thumleft]
Jhiss

Feedback Score: 2

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have found 2 others wiring diagrams. One of them looks like Poohbear's one, but it's more practical because of the colors of the wires.

1993 Radio and player WITH two Woofer speakers :
http://www.mr2.fr/pdf/radiow.pdf
1993 Radio and player WITHOUT Woofer speaker :
http://www.mr2.fr/pdf/radiowo.pdf

Last edited by Jhiss on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poohbear

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Check your first diagram link...if you stitch them together and look you will see it is for the two subwoofer system see below [Smile]

Bob
Jhiss

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Poohbear,

It's nice you had a better look than mine on this diagram.
Now it should be an easy game to install my two subs.

Thanks a lot [thumleft]

Ps : I have edited my last post to correct it.
davidf1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: car door speakers Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

why am i finding it difficult to find some replacement kenwood speakers for my mr2 mk2?
davidf1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: door speakers Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

by the way it`s for the door,not tweeters though.
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rainbow SLX265 Deluxe's fit with adapters. Unsure on sizes, didnt measure them [Laughing]
waggy79
Premium Member

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: cheers for this Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

thanks for this thread, i removed the stereo last week to find a big mess of cut wires in my mk1
this info will help.

again big thank you im gonna tackle this in the morning [Smile]
Amebb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi

is there a diagram for a 3 amp system ???

cheers
Hez
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

JL Audio 6.5inch components (TR650CSI) fit with a 16mm spacer, tweeters screw into the original location exactly like the oem toyota ones.
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

DLS R6A's fit with an 18mm MDF spacer if you cut the plastic on the door card (unnoticeable once fitted). R6A's are pretty huge as well!
kirk

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out why my rear speakers are not currently active. I had the dash apart and whoever messed with the loom originally didn't think an ISO adapter would be adequate so the stock loom has been spliced and pieced together with a load of bullet connectors, very lazy work.

What I need to find is which wires on the loom at that head unit control the rears as I'm thinking they were not wired back in. Partly because there is some 6x9s in the storage lids behind the seats which coincidentally don't work either. Then again I also believe the under seat amp is just along for the ride as well.

Little help.
BLZ-8027

Feedback Score: 153

2000 Toyota MR2 Mk3 MR-S

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

kirk wrote:
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out why my rear speakers are not currently active. I had the dash apart and whoever messed with the loom originally didn't think an ISO adapter would be adequate so the stock loom has been spliced and pieced together with a load of bullet connectors, very lazy work.

What I need to find is which wires on the loom at that head unit control the rears as I'm thinking they were not wired back in. Partly because there is some 6x9s in the storage lids behind the seats which coincidentally don't work either. Then again I also believe the under seat amp is just along for the ride as well.

Little help.

All depends on the car ,year model, Uk or import
kirk

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It's a UK 96 Rev3. Didn't come with factory sub. Just the 6 speaker setup.
Hez
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

im not sure on the colours and i cant compare them to mine because im working away from home at the minute but if it comes to it can you just get a length or black and red and run it from your rear speakers to your loom. Just push all the wire under the kick plates
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 202

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks for the bump on this thread folks, i spent 30 mins searching the net last night for the rear wire + and - , couldn't find anything then this thread just poped up on the main forum page [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: