Got TOTB 111 dvd today

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy F

Got TOTB 111 dvd today

Post by Andy F »

Has anyone else got theirs???
Not much MR2 action :evil:
jonno

Re: Got TOTB 111 dvd today

Post by jonno »

Not much MR2 action :evil:

Booooo! :(
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

Not much MR2 action

Thats cause there were xxxx all mr2's there!
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Is it just me, or did you expect them to actually show some of the action of the day rather than give you two choices;

Everyones 1 fastest 1/4 run

or

A whole program about the 10 fastest cars

Woohoo .... I got to see the one 1/4 mile run of myself, that I already had on video - they even spelt my name wrong lol! Would've been nice to have some of the handling course or top speed runs
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
JJ

Post by JJ »

Got a good shot of mine from the burnout to the finish... you can just see the smoke / steam pouring out from under the car just before I was going over the line ! :shock:

Damn the car was sprinting like hell too off the line, I was going like stink, then oh dear ... the 900bhp thing caught me up and made mine look like a pushbike. :lol:

Ah nevermind.... should be a few more in 2005 !

Anybody know how to copy all 3 MR2s in action and mount them on the net somewhere ??

:wink:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

If you can do it then I will host it on my web poo.

I haven’t seen the DVD yet but its sounds a tad master bates.

I mean TOTB isn’t just about the 10 fastest cars. Magazines and the organisers seem to forget about this. It just gets very tedious after reading another 4 page spread on TOTB which just talks about “Rocket Ronnie” and the other usual big hitters who turn up with their own race team in their 6 figure cars and walk away with the prises.

TOTB is a farce TBH and it should be split into two categories – tuner and private entry. It’s unfair to expect privately owned cars go up against tuner cars where money is no object. At least that way it would even the field somewhat.

Also there does seem to be far more focus on the ¼ mile when I really think they should focus on the whole event. Handling is just as impressive and straight line speed.

Rant over

Tired and Grumpy :D
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Yup I agree James. Trying to find out if when its on TV they'll be showing actually the racing that occurred or the same as the dvd
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
JJ

Post by JJ »

I haven’t seen the DVD yet but its sounds a tad master bates.

:shock:

wait until you see the clips of yours !! Your always out of the picture ! :shock:

Your in a few though !!

Theres one with you against a scooby... and could see you realling him in at the end of the qrt !

Have to agree with the comments though, I have a video full of 1/4 racing... I didn't want a DVD full of them. I'd of liked to see more than 10 white evos do the handling circuit !! I didn't do a top speed run so can't comment, but its good to see a car go over the line at some 150 mph +

Handling ... likewise, I'd of liked to see my big drift at the top of the track .. wasn't asking much ! :?:

Guess we need to get an MR2 in the top 10 so we can get all round coverage ! :lol:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

>>wait until you see the clips of yours !! Your always out of the picture ! <<

“”££”%£$%£$ :( Isn’t that the story of my life mate! :(

>>I didn't do a top speed run so can't comment, but its good to see a car go over the line at some 150 mph +<<

To make it more interesting they should have a 2 cameras mounted low down on the track. You should be told to race between two cones – one cone has a camera on it and faces you, the other has another camera and faces away. As the car bellows through the cones you would get fantastic footage of the car coming and going, all at low level like the camera work they do on the WRC rally.

Don’t you just love my sense of “theatre” :D

>>Handling ... likewise, I'd of liked to see my big drift at the top of the track .. wasn't asking much ! Guess we need to get an MR2 in the top 10 so we can get all round coverage !<<

Or just get access to our own play area and have some races and tom foolery all to be captured on camera! :D

I have to say despite TOTB only being 3 years old it’s already a tired format. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the day immensely, was greatly appreciative of MC for sorting the IMOC entry out and it’s opened my eyes to doing sprints and circuits.

However the organisers have been very foolish, they is nothing different from one year to the next its more like a routine than an open competition. Same guys doing the same competition, racing against the same competitors, having the same photo’s taken, driving the same cars, on the same track and it’s been the same for 3 years.

The coverage is all wrong as it’s the private entries that make the event, the tuner entries are just their for marketing purposes

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”