my brand spanking new mk1!!!!!!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ejmr2

my brand spanking new mk1!!!!!!

Post by ejmr2 »

hi just found you fantastic site, just thought i'd post a few pics of my mk1 mr2. some of you may have already seen it in other mr2 forums (so appologies if i'm ramming it down your neck). this car was purchased in 1989 and stored in a heated garage by a toyota dealer till today. its done 35 miles on the first day it was bought and no more... the body work is perfect no rust anywhere. even the plastic seat covers and paper footwell mats from the dealer are still in the car. also the registration for the car is T1OYTA which i think is a fantastic bonus. i would love to hear any comments and feedback from you guys who obviously know a lot more about these cars than i do.

thanks hope you like the car.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: my brand spanking new mk1!!!!!!

Post by Charged »

of course we like the car its gorgeous! You are a lucky man to be in a position to have bought it! Does the car run ok? You need to be very careful with it to run it in properly as the engine is virtually brand new... I hope you are going to keep it in a garage!

What are you planning on doing with the car? It is almost a shame to drive it, it should be in a museum!

You could bring it to JAE this weekend and let us all drool over it?!

Welcome to the club by the way, you are in the perfect place.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
reanimation

Post by reanimation »

Bloody hell, thats neat, that'd be useless for me. I'd either wreck it, or worse still, never ever use it. Arrgh!

Lovely though, you're in control or the rusty bit. =D>

Bet it weren't cheap.

I have had perverted thoughts about eventually getting a Mk3 thanks to Bens drifting at Anglessey! 8)
ejmr2

Post by ejmr2 »

sorry to seem thick but dont even know what JAE is.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

ejmr2 wrote:sorry to seem thick but dont even know what JAE is.

Japanese Auto Extravaganza (sp?)

Largest gathering of Jap car clubs in the country methinks. :D Takes place this weekend at the East of England Showground near Peterborough.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42449

And

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

yep as above, and you'd probably be the star of the show (well the Mk1 show anyway). Should win show and shine hands down!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Just mint mate. Look after it!
T
ejmr2

Post by ejmr2 »

thanks for you help.. so is it possible to just turn up or do i need ticket?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

PM Jo, MR2MK1Chick or see the JAE threads in this section, I am sure the MK1 Club would be interested in having you along, and getting you to join if you are not yet a member. :wink:

T
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Now that is amazing!!! Once again other peoples cars make me so jealous!!!

Get it too JAE this weekend, even if you have too trailer it there!!
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Awesome, that needs to be at JAE, if there's any justice in the world it should win the overall show and shine not just the club one (although that'll most likely go to some F&F style 'thing' with LED ashtray lights and half a dozen manhole cover sized subs)

I'm scared to ask what that cost but a little bit of me needs to know just to be 100% certain that it didn't go for next to nothing.
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

What an absolutely fantastic find... with such a low mileage and the bonus number plate too ! Top car... enjoy every minute of it... (but watch it in the wet :twisted: )
snailslime

Post by snailslime »

What can i say except =D> =D> =D> =D>
DevaMR2

Post by DevaMR2 »

Ooops :oops: , like my reply on the other thread, that is amazing.
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

Amazing stuff... I would give my left ******* to own that minter. Hope the engine is ok after standing for so long and any chance of PICTURES of the engine bay area. It's not often (ever) that we get chance to see pictures of a "showroom" MK1 apart from in the toyota brochures from years ago so it would be nice to see a brand new 4age and underbody too if you can do it ;)

WOW!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

The car looks fantstic and i'm sure it is but what i want to know is,how much did you have to pay.I know i'm being nosey but if you don't want to give the exact price,maybe you could give us an idea. :)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Very nice and a very rare find... can't help thinking though... are you going to drive it?

Its one of those oddities when you find a car with incredibly low mileage like that because what do you do with it?

Do you drive it and just use it like a brand new car safe in the knowledge that the mileage will always be low. Or do you trailer it everywhere and just polish it?

I must admit i would never want to own a car like that (the blue interior would put me off... ;) ) but joking aside i think solely because i probably couldn't bring myself to drive it because once you do, all it will do is deteriorate.

Mind you it must be nice to experience what a MK1 was like when it was new IYSWIM.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Nige_B

Post by Nige_B »

=D> Exactly the same as mine but with 55,000 miles less on the clock :lol: . Can't see anyone finding a better one than that! I think it's safe to say you own the most pristine MK1 in the country (maybe even the world) :shock: 8)
MartG

Post by MartG »

Simply gorgeous ! :mrgreen:
superbad

Post by superbad »

Where did you find that, at the end of a rainbow? :)

I hope it does get driven as that is what it was built for, but can understand if you want to keep it pristine.

I wanna see the engine bay :wink:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”