New Profiles Now Live

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

What do you think of the new profiles?

Excellent
44%
Good
50%
Okish
6%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 32

poyntesm

New Profiles Now Live

Post by poyntesm »

Hi all,

Right landed a load of changes to the profile side of IMOC...so go update them. When you post what car you have will show and it will link to the profile. Also you can see how many times people have viewed it.

For all you 1/4 mile nuts....enter your best time and when I get a chance I will be building a post the you can sort that pulls all the info from everyuser into one page.

Lots of behind the scenes stuff done too to make my life easier.

So enjoy and go update them.... I used to love looking at everyones profile so looking forward to seeing them all again. One thing to note is currently we are not hosting any pictures. That will come in time.

Regards
Esmond
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: New Profiles Now Live

Post by Lauren »

Cool, like it.

One thing though i noticed as possibly missing was no section for Chassis details.

I was looking at my website stuff and i've probably got more listed under chassis mods than anything else.

thumbs up! (we so need thumbs up/down icons!) :)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Lauren wrote:Cool, like it.

One thing though i noticed as possibly missing was no section for Chassis details.

I was looking at my website stuff and i've probably got more listed under chassis mods than anything else.

thumbs up! (we so need thumbs up/down icons!) :)

Damn....should have thought of that...to be honest I was dieing to get this working so I rushed it a little. I got it up and working on the test site and got Ben and jonno to play with it but should really have got the rest of the admins to get it the once over before I went live...

Oh well....it can go in the next round of changes.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Ah don't worry too much Esmond, I know you have been busy with it. If you can slot it in next time you update thats fine.

You can relax now.. :)

I had some fun with the drag racing section in my profile... ;)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Yeah wondered about that!!

Have to say though mate it's sub-zero (as they say in Top Gear!) 8) 8)

T
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

nice, very nice. I know there is a lot of stuff that can be added to the site but at least things are working and updates are regular.

I'd rather things moved slowly and kept working than it be rushed and the whole lot comes crashing down
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Lauren wrote:Ah don't worry too much Esmond, I know you have been busy with it. If you can slot it in next time you update thats fine.

You can relax now.. :)

I had some fun with the drag racing section in my profile... ;)

Grrr.. I really did rush this one....Just the one section I missed most from the old IMOC site was profiles. Should have made it so it was numbers only in those fields...cause I am going to use them to build the 1/4 mile table.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

allan welsh wrote:nice, very nice. I know there is a lot of stuff that can be added to the site but at least things are working and updates are regular.

I'd rather things moved slowly and kept working than it be rushed and the whole lot comes crashing down

Yeah...will relax now that is done...only major thing I plan this side of christmas is the mailing list integration.

We do have a test site so I was pretty sure I would not brake anything...but you are right slow and steady change is better.

Glad you all like it...

Esmond
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

GLOL!

Well at least i've highlighted an issue for you, albeit unintentionally.

If you do make it just numbers is there any way of having an option where i can omit from my profile or am i the only one that loathes drag racing? ;)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Lauren wrote:GLOL!

Well at least i've highlighted an issue for you, albeit unintentionally.

If you do make it just numbers is there any way of having an option where i can omit from my profile or am i the only one that loathes drag racing? ;)

In a word. No.

Sorry to much work to have that...maybe in the very distant future.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I guess suspension/brake mods would come under chassis right?
michael

Post by michael »

Nice, just another suggestion - how about BHP / Torque with the option to checkbox flywheel, hubs or rear wheels?

Maybe a link option to link to an uploaded dyno plot (with the option to link to more than one page?)
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

michael wrote:Nice, just another suggestion - how about BHP / Torque with the option to checkbox flywheel, hubs or rear wheels?

Maybe a link option to link to an uploaded dyno plot (with the option to link to more than one page?)

Would be good to also have a fictitious BHP figure. Like Aaron's orginal one. :D

Or perhaps just somewhere to store approx figures.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

michael wrote:Nice, just another suggestion - how about BHP / Torque with the option to checkbox flywheel, hubs or rear wheels?

I guess suspension/brake mods would come under chassis right?

Noted... See what I can do.

How I forgot suspension and brakes consider the money I have spent on mine is beyond me. I will add them for sure. Will not be today though...requires a DB change and editting of seven files in lots and lots of places...but I will do it....want to show of my H&R and Hispec items. :roll:
jonno

Post by jonno »

poyntesm wrote:Hi all,

Right landed a load of changes to the profile side of IMOC...so go update them. When you post what car you have will show and it will link to the profile. Also you can see how many times people have viewed it.

For all you 1/4 mile nuts....enter your best time and when I get a chance I will be building a post the you can sort that pulls all the info from everyuser into one page.

So enjoy and go update them.... I used to love looking at everyones profile so looking forward to seeing them all again. One thing to note is currently we are not hosting any pictures. That will come in time.

Regards
Esmond

Nice work mate, although the formatting could be better :)

Try changing the header lines like

<td class="cat" colspan="2" height="25" nowrap="nowrap" align="center">jonno's Car Photo</th>

For

<td class="cat" colspan="2" height="25" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><span class="gen">jonno's Car Photo</span></th>

And, use the "gen" class for everything - without it the font looks too big.

I should shuttup really and just leave you to it :)

Loving your work.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

jonno wrote:
poyntesm wrote:Hi all,

Regards
Esmond

Nice work mate, although the formatting could be better :)

Try changing the header lines like

<td class="cat" colspan="2" height="25" nowrap="nowrap" align="center">jonno's Car Photo</th>

For

<td class="cat" colspan="2" height="25" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><span class="gen">jonno's Car Photo</span></th>

And, use the "gen" class for everything - without it the font looks too big.

I should shuttup really and just leave you to it :)

Loving your work.

should the closing tag not be </td> and not </th>?

for sure the site is looking good
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Cheer Neil,

Actual HTML tags are not my strong point...just adding in a section for chassis (suspension and brakes) in the test server. I will do this as well.

Oh and it should be </td> too... I will fix that.

Esmond
jonno

Post by jonno »

Oh and it should be </td> too... I will fix that.

Doh! Its so easy picking fault with someone else code - not so easy to write it yourself though :)

Keep it up mate, your doing a great job!

Neil.
jonno

Post by jonno »

Whilst I am complaining.....

I would add some <br>'s on the side display in between Car Model, Manufacturer, and Year - Might stop the wrapping?.
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Just noticed where I've listed my engine mods it doesnt show them all on my profile. I agree we dont necessarily need loads of lines shown, but perhaps where I spent time entering everything could have a line limit :)
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”